Director of Logistics
Company: EVRAZ North America
Posted on: March 10, 2019
Job Description and Responsibilities The Director of Logistics will be primarily responsible for end-to-end Logistics encompassing distribution operations and inbound/outbound transportation planning and management in support of the EVRAZ USA operations. Incumbent must possess a solid understanding of and best practices related to Logistics organization and operations spanning supply base to final delivery. Position reports to VP, Supply Chain & Logistics Employer. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Take complete ownership of the transportation supply chain. This includes the business relationships, selecting new suppliers, contracting and performance-related controls. Strategic sourcing inclusive of purchased transportation
- Modeling, forecasting, planning and reporting on lane capacity ensuring supply to our customer requirements
- Collaborate with Finance to build the annual operating plan (detailed, line-item budgeting) for all aspects of Logistics
- Maintain category leading on-time delivery as the primary KPI owner. Balance costs against on-time performance.
- Responsible for understanding the commercial and operational strategy and forecast for and developing the Distribution footprint and capabilities required to support that strategy.
- TMS Administration and Reporting
- Focus on carrier safety, compliance and contract negotiation
- Carrier management to include:
- Third Party Logistics operations management (procurement, lane management freight billing, audit and payment)
- Full Truckload (FTL) and all facets of rail operations
- Contracts, billing, on-time & transit analytics performance
- Centralized freight filing and resolution
- US Customs compliance
- Capacity management and demand planning
- Seaport, vessel, transloading, and warehouse transfer
- Develop and manage annual department budgets and forecasting
- Weekly, monthly, and quarterly carrier meeting management
- Willing to travel to sites globally when required. Estimated at 0-20% travel per quarter Job Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Engineering or Business management. Post graduate degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Engineering, or Business discipline preferred.
- Experience leading remote teams
- Experience leading a multi-site distribution network in a diversified industrial manufacturing environment
- Broad and deep understanding of Logistics economic and financial drivers
- 10+ years of progressive accountability in transportation, distribution and supply chain management in a field-based operation with multiple origins and destination of similar size and complexity
- Strong project management, analytical and organizational skills
- High degree of attention to detail and ability to project focus shift as required
- Excellent Communication Skills: both verbal and written with a professional demeanor
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience managing direct reports, coaching and mentoring teams, indirect reports, and others across the organization.
- A strong track record of delivering results in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to grow beyond the Director level with a diverse background across the Supply Chain
- Steel related experience a plus
- Six Sigma and Lean experience a plus To Be Successful as the EVRAZ Director of Logistics:
- 3PL and Private internal fleet transportation management experience dispatching, technology
- In tune with market trends to provide industry analysis and reporting
- Knowledgeable of DOT regulations such as, Hours of Service and legal weight limits
- Knowledge of ARR Open Top Loading Rules
- Adept at establishing and maintaining executive level KPI reporting - volume, performance and compliance
- Willingness to assume other duties as assigned
Keywords: EVRAZ North America, Pueblo , Director of Logistics, Professions , Pueblo, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!