Demil Tech III (Monitoring Technician)
Posted on: November 5, 2018
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle's work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Monitoring Technician (Demil Tech III). This position is in Pueblo, CO.
The Demil Technician III acts as a skilled specialist in accordance with applicable policies and non-routine procedures to complete complex tasks in creative and effective ways. Candidate may communicate directly with client and other technical representatives and provides in-depth reports for manager is a clear and concise manner.
- Develops and performs initial startup, commissioning, and system function tests of highly specialized agent monitoring networks (Miniature Continuous Air Monitoring System [MINICAMS] and Depot Area Air Monitoring System [DAAMS]).
- Develops instrument and method inspection criteria and performs routine operations and maintenance in support air monitoring branch requirements.
- Develops sampling plans or work orders to facilitate routine maintenance, corrective maintenance or waste sampling using specialized collection equipment.
- Develops and controls agent and non-agent monitoring systems maintenance programs (e.g. Maximo) and plans for the PCAPP Laboratory.
- Develops and implements routine sample collection schedules to support process operations, where applicability, reasonableness and accuracy require critical thinking skills.
- Provides technical input, recommendations, equipment justifications and schedule parameters to PCAPP management regarding work flow management and staff resources to support air monitoring objectives.
- Develops and implements new procedures or modifications for MINICAMS, DAAMS and sampling operations to improve sampling efficiency and sample turnaround without negatively impacting client expectations.
- Train and mentor junior staff members to complete project objectives pertaining to air monitoring and control system processes.
- May act as subject matter expert and evaluator by assigning and reviewing work of less experienced staff members; effectively prioritizes work assignments and schedules, and adapts plans to meet daily challenges.
- Demonstrates knowledge of theory behind monitoring and sample collection system by creatively troubleshooting and correctly interpreting results with minimal supervision to resolve undocumented technical challenges.
- Performs complex analysis to check accuracy, applicability, and reasonableness of project work to meet project technical requirements and laboratory data quality objectives.
- Perform self-aid or buddy-aid as required.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- High school diploma with three (3) years demonstrated experience in electrical or instrument controls, air sampling or equivalent. Associates degree specializing in Instrumentation Technology or equivalent with a one (1) years' experience preferred.
- Excellent PC skills which may include database entry/management (e.g. Windows OS, Access, MS Office Suite).
- Self-initiative and ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule and organize work.
Additional selection and retention criteria will include the ability to:
- Must be a US Citizen. The applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet and maintain eligibility requirements to be placed in a Public Trust Position. In addition, applicant selected will be subject to qualification in accordance with Army Regulation 50-6, for placement in the U.S. Army Chemical personnel Reliability Program (CPRP).
- Flexibility to respond to urgent project requests and/or changing priorities. This position may be required to work a schedule of rotating shifts (8-12 hours nominally), including weekends and holidays.
- Drug-free workplace; urine testing for drugs are mandatory.
- This position involves work near or with toxic and hazardous materials and requires ability to wear protective clothing/mask. Must be clean-shaven; must wear seat belts when driving or riding in vehicles on post.
- Must achieve and maintain certification in required subject areas.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
Keywords: Battelle, Pueblo , Demil Tech III (Monitoring Technician), Professions , Pueblo, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!