Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job DescriptionENSCO is seeking an experienced industrial
electrician at the Transportation Technology Center to service and
maintain low, medium and high voltage equipment throughout the
facility. Responsibilities shall include the following:Participate
in the construction installation, modification, maintenance and
repair of electrical systems and components (lighting, wiring,
transformers, outlets, circuit breakers, etc.)Measures, cuts,
bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit/cable
trayEnsure all electrical work complies with current NEC
codes.Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches,
relays and circuit-breaker panelsInterpret blueprints and follow
manufacturers' specificationsStudy wiring diagrams and manuals to
determine correct installation and qualityConnect electrical
systems to powerlines to provide electricity to the
building.Clerical/administrative duties related to task or project
documentationAttend safety training as directedComply with all
safety and company rules and regulationsInspect, service and
conduct periodic maintenance on medium- and high-voltage switch
gear, transformers, and electrical hardware at substations and
other facilities located throughout the site.Tests electrical
systems to ensure proper installation and operation.Create and
update work tickets in a computerized maintenance management
system.Performs other related duties as assigned.Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship and valid electrician's
- Six (6) + years' or more of trade experience as an electrician
or electrician's apprentice
- Extensive knowledge of industrial electrical systems and
- Experience with 277-600v voltage fuses and or transformers
- Proficient in the use of test meters and other diagnostic
- Understanding of current field regulations
- Ability to read electrical schematics and blueprints.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to see color to discern color-coded wiring.
- Ability to pull wires and cables through conduits.
- Ability to safely climb a 15-foot-high ladder.
- Ability to work for prolonged periods standing, kneeling,
bending, and climbing ladders or scaffolding.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and accurately enter and
update work tickets in a computerized maintenance management
- Strong organizational, follow through and time management
- Valid driver's license to allow driving throughout the
- Ability to drive company vehicles around site and into city for
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in client and
- Ability to build professional and courteous relationships with
your colleagues and supervisors.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse
- Ability to react well under pressure in high-stressed
situations; accept responsibility for own actions.Wearing safety
equipment (hardhat, steel-toe boots, protective vest, and
protective eyeglasses) when working on railroad properties is also
a requirement. ENSCO will provide all necessary safety
- 10 + years' experience as an industrial electrician
- Experience with substation equipment and or
operation#LI-DM1Division DescriptionENSCO's Applied Technology and
Engineering (ATE) Division is a leading provider of surface
transportation research and technology development services with a
long history of supporting railway, transit, and highway safety
initiatives. Our products and services are provided to government
agencies focused on transportation safety and security. ENSCO work
protects our surface transportation network and has a significant
impact on the protection of human life, the environment, and the
economy. ENSCO's ATE Division is part of the greater Surface
Transportation Group (STG) within ENSCO, Inc.Our staff conducts
impactful research and advances technology in many exciting areas
- The behavior of railroad and transit track, rolling stock,
vehicle components as well as control systems under a wide range of
- Advancement of leading-edge technologies including autonomous,
non-contact and machine vision-based approaches for asset condition
- The application of artificial intelligence and predictive
analytics to today's most challenging asset maintenance
issues.ENSCO's ATE Division is an exciting place to work and grow
with many key benefits for technical staff, including:
- The opportunity to work with talented engineers, programmers,
and scientists at all levels of the design and development process
to solve challenging transportation issues.
- The chance to participate in testing and research initiatives
utilizing unique test facilities and technologies.
- Bonuses for conference presentations and publications
- Direct exposure to customer personnel, financial management and
business development.Working in ENSCO's ATE Division provides a
means to acquire a wide range of practical skills and experience in
a short period of time, work on exciting, ground-breaking projects
that impact transportation safety and offers domestic travel
opportunities if desired.ENSCO provides a stimulating,
collaborative, multi-discipline environment with coworkers from
diverse technical and cultural backgrounds working together to make
the world a safer place. Come join a stable and growing company and
experience the reward of seeing the results of your work make an
impact on some of the world's most challenging transportation
problems.Strength in DiversityENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S.
subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers,
committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other
protected characteristic under state or local law.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Pueblo , Industrial Electrician, Professions , Pueblo, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!