Company: San Luis Valley Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionThe salary range displayed represents the typical
salary of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine
your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years
of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in
this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the
range.San Luis Valley Health is seeking a full-time Maintenance
Mechanic to join our EVS team! What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Certificate in at least one trade, plumbing, electrical,
carpentry or HVAC, preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years building system experience,
including working in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, boilers, HVAC
and general building maintenance, required.
- Acceptable driving record allowing individual to participate in
Hospital vehicle insurance program, to be maintained throughout
- Advanced knowledge of the "principles and theory" of
electricity/electronics, plumbing, carpentry, boilers and HVAC
- Must have ability to diagnose and repair malfunctioning the
equipment or systems, using trade accepted tools, techniques and
- Individuals assigned to this position must maintain the
appropriate certification, licensure or registration as mandated by
the specific governing agency, or be willing to obtain any required
in the future needs of the position.What you'll do:
- Electrical Systems - Performs all service and repair work to
the level of experience achieved. Performs or assist Plant
Engineers with maintenance, installation and repair of electrical
systems and controls such as receptacles, cords, circuits, light
fixtures; perform all electrical repairs and installations in
conformance with State and NEC.
- Plumbing- Performs all service and repair work to the level of
experience achieved. Performs or assist Plant Engineers with
maintenance and instillation of piping, plumbing fixtures, pressure
testing, frozen pipes, gas lines and appliances, valves, pumps,
coils and boiler equipment.
- Assist with operation and maintenance of steam plant, steam
traps, steam leaks, sight glasses, etc. Participates in maintaining
safe operation of the water treatment program.
- HVAC- Performs all service and repair work to the level of
experience achieved. Performs or assist Plan Engineers with
maintenance or installation of HVAC systems throughout the
Hospital, inspecting and operating building automation; heating
systems, refrigeration equipment, coolers, freezers, ice machines
and thermostatic controls as needed.
- Enters and completes work orders and p.m.'s in a timely manner,
reporting back to Manager when situations arise that they can't be
completed on time. Ensures that all documentation required by
Local, State and Federal agencies is completed accurately and in a
- Functions as hospital security when security is not present, by
responding to pages for assistance. The group acts as a deterrent
by show of force to individuals acting inappropriately. Also may
assist with moving furniture, offices, trash and bio-hazard removal
as well as making deliveries or picking up items as required.
- May be assigned to different shifts temporarily when staffing
shortages or hospital emergencies dictate requirements. Will
participate in the "Maintenance on Call" program and work holidays
- Is an active member in the Hospitals "snow removal plan"
including shoveling snow, sanding/salting ice areas and operating
snow removal equipment as needed.
- General- Maintain established hospital and departmental
policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance,
environmental and infection control, safety, and comply with codes
and requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies; promotes
positive interpersonal (customer) relationships with fellow
employees, patients and visitors. Treats these individuals with
courtesy, dignity, empathy and respect; consistently displays
courteous and respectful verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Will perform work at all off site clinics, buildings as well as
at CCH when required.We Take Care of Our People As the largest
employer in the San Luis Valley, we commit to providing our
employees with quality and affordable benefits to complement a
fulfilling work experience and help balance life experiences and
needs. To show our appreciation of your hard work, we offer a
competitive and comprehensive total benefits package, including:
- Full medical, dental and vision plans to suit the needs of you
and your family, with low-cost copays and deductibles, all without
high out-of-pocket expenses.
- No out-of-pocket cost for AirMedCare Network Membership for
those enrolled in a SLV Health medical plan.
- Enjoy 21 days of Paid Time Off in your first year and a
generous Sick Leave program, with accruals starting on your first
- Start saving with Retirement plans available from day one,
providing up to 5% employer match after one year of
- Free life and disability insurance benefits for full-time
employees with the opportunity to purchase additional coverage at
- Add to your benefit package with a variety of voluntary
benefits such as identity theft protection, medical and dependent
care flexible spending accounts and more.
- Take care of yourself with our free on-site 24-hour employee
health center, and discounts to a selection of local
- Keep learning by utilizing our education program benefits to
foster your growth and development.
- Give back to the community with multiple opportunities
throughout the year to volunteer with our own non-profit SLV Health
Foundation and other SLV- and community-sponsored events.
- Discounts on cell-phone plans, ski/snowboard lift tickets, Dell
computers, local pools, Adams State University functions and
- Your family is our family so our employees and their family
members have access to our employee support services, including up
to four free counseling sessions to assist with work/life
solutions. Like to learn more? Click here for more information on
our employee benefits program!
Keywords: San Luis Valley Health, Pueblo , Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Alamosa, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!