Lead Warehouse Associate
Company: Core & Main
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job SummaryPerform general warehouse operations and support
management by acting as first line of assistance for associates.
Dependent on volume/size of the facility, may have specialized
tasks or have a generalized role working in all departments. This
position may require operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal
Vehicle and such operation may be done consistently more than 20%
of the average work week. If selected for this position, Core &
Main may run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. If this position
requires operation of a Company Vehicle, an acceptable MVR report
is a requirement.Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key
- Coaches and trains lower level warehouse associates on the
proper execution of warehouse duties, ensures policies and
procedures are followed.
- Exhibits detailed knowledge of all warehouse roles and is
qualified in all aspects of warehouse operations.
- Safely operates forklift or other machinery in order to
complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking,
stocking, staging, and transportation of goods, operate pallet
jacks, or other machinery in order to complete tasks such as
unloading, sorting, staging and transporting products.
- Verifies and enters data into the system.
- Maintains condition of work area.
- Stocks product in designated location or locates to pull
correct quantities to fulfill customer orders and meet productivity
and accuracy goals.
- May also complete tasks such as receiving, returns, inventory,
order layout, data entry, and load trucks considering cubic weight,
size and characteristics of load.Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises
independent judgment to determine best approach to achieve desired
outcomes. Course of action is often determined by interpreting
procedures and policies. Work typically involves periodic review of
output by supervisor or direct "customers" of the process
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general
guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior
level support personnel. Contributes to employees professional
development but does not have hiring/firing authority.Work
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs in a physical
environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and
exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements
including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator,
bending or squatting.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery,
loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicableEducation
- Technical certification or Associates degree may be required in
some areas. Generally 5 to 7 years of experience in related area of
- 18+ months of warehouse experience.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of warehouse operations,
- Ability to professionally lead staff by example and handle
light supervisory duties. Familiar with training and coaching
- Ability to change or adapt work practices, priorities, or
- Ability to think and take constructive action in work-related
matters.About Core & MainBased in St. Louis, Core & Main is a
leading distributor of water, sewer, storm drain and fire
protection products in the United States. Operating approximately
275 branches nationwide, the company combines local expertise with
a national supply chain to provide contractors and municipalities
innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure.
Core & Main's 3,500 plus associates are committed to the safe
distribution of water and fire protection to help communities
thrive. Visit to learn more.
Keywords: Core & Main, Pueblo , Lead Warehouse Associate, Professions , Pueblo, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!