Sr. Systems Engineer
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 24, 2019
Internal Position Title
Sr. Systems Engineer
The Aerospace Sciences and Engineering (ASE) Division is based in
Cocoa Beach, Fla. ASE's primary focus is aerospace engineering and
ENSCO's aerospace engineering efforts support launch range
activities throughout the U.S. ASE employees reliably develop and
evaluate highly technical systems for critical launch operations,
including range instrumentation, safety and communications.
The ASE Division is the premier integrator of disparate weather
systems and technologies to enhance safety, reduce cost, and lessen
weather impacts on space launches, aviation and business
operations. ASE's world-class meteorological capabilities, systems
knowledge, and experience provide customers with systems that meet
their exact requirements in a cost-effective manner.
Key customers include NASA, the Department of Defense, and
General Education/Years of Experience
BS or equiv; min 5 yrs related exp
Drug Screen Type
Security Clearance Level
Colorado Springs, CO
Industry Job Title
Systems Safety Engineer
Background Check Type
Job DescriptionENSCO Inc is a diverse engineering and technology
company that provides engineering, science and advanced technology
solutions that guarantee mission success, safety, and security to
governments and private industries worldwide. The Range Network
Systems Engineering & Integration (RN SE&I) contract provides
Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) support to the USAF
Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Range and Network
Directorate (SMC/RN). RN acquires services to modernize and sustain
the Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN), Launch and Test
Range System (LTRS), and Space Training Acquisition Office (STAO).
We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with experience in
engineering support, project management, and program planning for
the RN SE&I contract to support AFSCN activities supporting the
Space and Missile Systems Center. Duties will include:
- Providing Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I)
support for satellite communications network systems including
Telemetry, Tracking & Control (TT&C), scheduling,
communications, and associated systems.
- Perform engineering of system architectures, requirements
analysis and decomposition, including system performance test and
- Perform engineering analyses to predict and define problems,
define/design actionable corrective measures, and operational
implementation of Launch Range and Network systems.
- Prepare and review test plans and test reports, analytical
evaluation of systems' compatibility, and development of
- Review and assess contractor designs, conduct trade studies on
alternative system design approaches.
- Perform detailed modeling and simulation, margin analysis and
advanced signal processing algorithms.
- Participate or lead technical meetings and government-led
studies, assess technical baselines and ensure system modifications
- Manage and conduct safety programs. Plan, organize, direct, and
control safety activities. Primarily involved in policy
interpretation for design guidance, hazard identification &
analysis, and mishap risk mitigation / verification. Evaluate,
inspect, and survey areas and activities to eliminate mishap
potentials. Provide risk management consultation.
Export Control and Licensing
- Working knowledge of the Air Force Satellite Communications
- Familiarity with DoDI 5000.02, AFI 63-101/20-101, MIL STD 882E,
SMCI 63-1207, SMC PESHE Template, SMC Guide-G-012
- Prior construction management experience
- Current TS/SCI clearance
Contract Award Contingency
Qualifications Required (Skills)
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software
Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent and minimum 5 years of
- Knowledge and background with architecture, systems and
subsystem requirements, systems engineering processes, and
development and maintenance of CONOPS.
- Experience with engineering tools such as DOORS, MATLAB,
- Knowledge of NFPA 70E and National Electrical Code along with
training in SMC Space System Safety guidelines.
- Demonstrated performance in Environmental and Operational
hazard analysis, and facilitation of System Safety Working
- Technical skills to understand and analyze system problems,
define potential solutions, and conduct in-depth technical
analysis, risk evaluation, assessments and trades and explain
results of technical studies in a system engineering context.
- Demonstrates understanding of performance and requirements
analysis techniques, and acceptance testing
- ---AN ACTIVE DOD SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS
POSITION FOR WHICH YOU MUST BE A US CITIZEN. IF YOU DO NOT MEET
THIS REQUIREMENT, YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Strength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal
opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in
the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic
under state or local law.
Keywords: ENSCO, Pueblo , Sr. Systems Engineer, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!