Finishing Department Intern
Company: Collins Aerospace
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Date Posted:2019-01-10-08:00Country:United States of AmericaLocation:HCO02: Wheels & Brakes (Carbon)-Puebl 50 William White Blvd, Pueblo, CO, 81001 USACollins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- The Finishing intern shall be responsible for implementation of continuous improvement tasks, larger scale projects, monthly department updates, document and standard procedure updates, and data analysis.
- The position will also be coached through the intern professional development group in order to develop the skills needed for your career after graduation.
Education / Certifications: Pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Must have GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
- Must be able to work independently or with a team
- Strong presentation skills
- Critical/strategic thinking ability
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to develop strategy
- Proven leadership ability, initiative, and individuals that are self-motivated
- Champion of change and vision
- Ability to make sound ethical decisions that drive results
At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, Pueblo , Finishing Department Intern, Other , Pueblo, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!