Posted on: March 13, 2023
Senior BuyerSalary- 70-85K Based on experience Location: Pueblo,
COMUST HAVE MANUFACTURING BUYING EXPERIENCESummary- This is 100%
office-based (no remote).- Some travel to suppliers (domestic).-
Must have advanced purchasing and supplier management knowledge,
skills, and experience in similar manufacturing setting.- Advanced
ERP and Excel skills.General duties:
- Identify, plan and implement the optimum supply chain for
products. Purchase and expedite material, parts and services as
required for all aspects of company operations. Negotiate and
maintain the optimum balance of quality, cost and delivery to
ensure uninterrupted service to internal and external
- Effectively source and manage vendors resulting in top quality
products at optimum pricing including on-site visits and collection
and evaluation of historical information.
- Perform on-site Supplier Assessment visits in conjunction with
Quality Assurance group and assist in determination of supplier
development needs including corrective action programs to assist
supplier in meeting requirements.
- Resolve purchase issues by conferring with other departments
and with vendors in a professional manner utilizing good
communication skills and a creative "can do" approach to problem
solving. Ability to evaluate and solve complex issues working
closely with the Engineering team and other departments.
- Plan, organize and supervise on-site work performed by outside
contractors on facilities maintenance or building
- Perform total price and cost analysis on vendor quotations and
proposals, recommending cost reduction measures relative to design,
material selection and alternate sources. Establish appropriate
contractual arrangements and relationships with suppliers.
- Provide input to engineering and manufacturing groups for
purchased items that may deviate from original specifications
and/or delivery schedule.
- Prepare budgets as required for special accounts, maintain
purchase records and produce reports.
- Provide guidance and coaching to team members to support their
development. Establish effective working relationships with peers
and interfacing teams.
- Review drawings and discuss defective or unacceptable goods or
services with Inspection, Engineering, vendors and others to
determine source of issue and take corrective action.What we can
- Opportunity to directly impact long term organizational
performance and growth
- Strong internal support to help promote personal growth and
- Engaging and progressive culture
- Daily opportunity to influence "how the work gets done" and
- Market leading benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD,
LTD, FSA, 401K, Tuition Assistance)If you feel you qualify for the
job above, please send a resume to for further reviewMANUFACTURING
COMPANIES, IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE IN FILLING POSITIONS, PLEASE
CONTACT JEFF KOLHOFF AT All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including
pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status,
genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable
laws or regulations. GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an
award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality
professionals within multiple industries across the United States
since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and
realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right
solutions at the right time.
Keywords: GPAC, Pueblo , Senior Buyer, Other , Pueblo, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...