Operations - Supervisor
Company: Transportation Technology Center, Inc.
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Primary Duties:Under the general supervision of the Senior
Assistant Vice President- Operations & Safety, the Operations -
Supervisor supervises MxV Rail's railroad tracks by locomotives,
trains, and all other rail vehicles by the Operations Controller.
Ensures these movements are coordinated to provide a safe and
efficient operation as prescribed by the rules. Serve as a focal
point for all communications involving rail operations, track
testing, and other site-wide off-track activities. Provide a point
of contact to coordinate all MxV Rail activities and provide
necessary leadership and direction to obtain objectives.
Responsible for conducting Scheduling Meetings and coordinating
daily and weekly on-track activities, monitoring test progress as
needed, and assisting in the resolution of conflicts that present
potential problems. Directly supervises Locomotive Engineers, Test
Controllers, Operation Controller, and other Operation Resources
personnel and monitors the individual performance of key test
support personnel to ensure all applicable rules and regulations
adhere to the following:
- Ensure Operations Control Center is operating safely and
- Must function as MxV - Rail railroad dispatcher to control and
monitor all locomotive, train, and rail vehicles on track when
- Ensure all Operating and Safety Rules, Bulletins, and
Procedures are current and being followed to ensure a safe and more
efficient operation better.
- Participation in classroom and field training.
- Lead crew discussions on how to approach others about safety,
relay information about safely servicing customer plants and
facilities, ways to minimize risk, and create a culture of safety
- Foster a culture where employees are complete with Safety rules
and Operating rules.
- Ride trains with the crews and direct operational testing &
audits for the crews.
- Correspond with customers by providing accurate and timely
- Plan the movement of cars, inventory, locomotives, crews, and
- Optimize crew utilization, locomotives, and rail teams who work
on track infrastructure to plan/execute track maintenance and
- Supervise and assist in assigning Locomotive Engineers and Test
Controllers to specific tasks.
- May be required to assist in other areas within the
- Coordinate the Weekly Scheduling Meeting, which outlines all
site-wide activities/work and coordinates those activities.
- Must communicate/interface with all workforce levels, including
internal/external customers, and railroad officials, in a positive,
- Familiar with railroad operations (on and off-site) to better
coordinate and communicate mainline rail movements, switching
- Fully understand the Operating Rulebook, Bulletins, Standard
Operating Practices, applicable Safety Rules, and any other
instructions involving and/or concerning rail operations.
- Maintain qualification and a high level of skills as a
locomotive engineer and/or switchman. May be assigned to those
positions, if necessary.
- Demonstrate leadership/people leadership, scheduling/project
planning, and organizational skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Relevant experience in railroad operations, including Working
knowledge of FRA track standards, operational experience of
locomotives, and understanding of railcar repair and
- Must hold a valid driving license and maintain an acceptable
- Proven leadership experience and excellent oral and written
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel,
- Adaptive and solutions-oriented.
- Customer support operations will require shift flexibility. The
candidate must work shifts varying from morning, afternoon,
evening, and overnight. Weekend and holiday hours may also be
- Must be fully vaccinated or be willing to receive the full
COVID-19 vaccination by the date of hire to be considered. Proof of
vaccination is required. *Request for reasonable accommodation for
a disability and/or religious beliefs is permitted.Preferred
- Locomotive engineer certification or experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of testing and
- Certifications in railcar- and/or locomotive-related
Working Environment and Level of Physical Activity:The conditions
herein represent those that an employee must meet to perform this
job's essential functions successfully. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential job functions.
- Environment: Railroad environment: exposure to noise, grease,
fumes, gases, electrical energy, toxic materials, and inclement
- Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform moderate to
heavy lifting, seldom more than 80 pounds). Heavier lifting may be
required, but only with proper assistance. Bending, stooping,
kneeling; climbing ladders, working at height; diagnosing equipment
maintenance needs through listening and feeling machine surfaces;
working in confined spaces.
- Travel: Low to Moderate travel (5 to 20 percent) may be
required. Domestic and international air travel and over-the-road
travel are highly likely and required when necessary.
- Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without
correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed
documents and to operate the equipment. Ability to discern between
colored wires and color wiring diagrams.
- Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without
- Health, Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Program with company match
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- Incentive Compensation Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Club Membership
- Family Atmosphere with a Great Work/Life Balance
- Opportunity for Growth and DevelopmentAbout Us:Located near the
foot of the beautiful Rocky Mountain Front Range, MxV Rail is home
to world-renowned experts in all facets of railway technology. MxV
Rail's unrivaled capabilities lead to a safer future for America's
railroads. Our Vision is to be the provider of choice for advancing
railway safety and technology. Our Mission is to provide highly
effective and efficient railway research, testing, training, and
technical support - and our people are at the heart of that
Mission. Every day, our team works together in a culture of
respect, integrity, and family spirit to improve the future of
MxV Rail is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
religion, disability, status as a covered veteran, genetic
information, or any other legally protected status not related to a
person's ability to do a job. MxV Rail is committed to providing
access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for
individuals with disabilities in employment, its services,
programs, and activities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to
participate in the job application or interview process, please
Keywords: Transportation Technology Center, Inc., Pueblo , Operations - Supervisor, Other , Pueblo, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!