Patient Registration Associate
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: January 16, 2022
SEIU Local 105 - $20.84 - $23.70 May be entitled to
translation/bilingual, shift or other wage premiums as governed by
the applicable collective bargaining agreement. Please refer to the
respective collective bargaining agreement for additional
information on such wage premiums:
https://www.lmpartnership.org/local-contracts.' Acts as first point
of contact for Kaiser Permanente members/patients and assists
members/patients through registration process under minimal direct
supervision. Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus
of one's actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient
relationships. Greets each member with a smile, eye contact, proper
tone and welcoming body language. Actively seeks information to
understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations,
and needs. Builds rapport, cooperative relationships and displays
appropriate empathy with members/patients. Considers how actions or
plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient
needs and resolves problems. Follows processes, handles higher
level customer issues, to include eligibility, benefit and billing
concerns. Practices proper cash handling and reconciliation
processes in accordance with established policies and guidelines.
Responsible to collect all patient financial liabilities. Essential
- Serves as ambassadors for Kaiser Permanente by exhibiting
respectful, professional, courteous and friendly behavior towards
and around our patients and members and supporting the
member/patient experience. Supporting the member/patient experience
through active listening, seeking to understand and building
relationships with our member/patient. Greets all
members/patients/anyone that approaches your work space
appropriately with a smile. Assist with way finding along with
environment monitoring of member/patient areas. Create a seamless
member/patient experience between registration and the receiving
- Perform the Standard Registration Process for sign-in and
check-in procedures. To include maintenance of member demographics,
i.e. preferences of language, name and communication methods.
Identify New Members and assist with packets. Intake forms and
follows department guidelines: PFL/HIPAA/Disability and other forms
part of the frontend process. To include electronic forms, CDs and
questionnaires. Generate member printouts upon request (i.e.
Billing report and Evidence of Coverage). Assist with scheduling
routine and follow-up appointments as needed and directs members
according to appointment and clinical notes. Handling incoming and
outgoing communication for departments. Consistently demonstrates
the ability to prioritize and multitask as it relates to the member
experience. Meets and/or exceeds regional and departmental
- Uses available resources and tools to determine patient account
status and eligibility. Selects or creates the appropriate account
type at time of registration for the following: benefits,
eligibility, patient liability, third party, coordination of
benefits, venture programs, automobile insurance, workers'
compensation insurance, fee for service, or services for
non-members. Address complex eligibility issues, benefit
explanation questions and billing and customer service
- Collect patient financial liabilities such as copay,
pre-service dollars, deductibles and outstanding balance. Practices
proper cash handling and reconciliation processes in accordance
with established policies and guidelines. May be responsible for
ordering and maintaining cash/change orders.
- Provides information and has expert knowledge of Kaiser
Permanente and its health plan portfolio, services and business
cycle. Provides clear & concise instruction to members for
accessing Kp.org/patient website & other on-line tools. Along with
resetting Kp.org passwords and ordering replacement ID cards as
- Must pass Patient Registration Knowledge assessment two weeks
after training at 90% or higher.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving during
challenging patient interactions and situations. Ability to
recognize and to follow appropriate procedures for medical and
non-medical emergencies. Video monitored with panic button linked
to security services.
- Performs advanced Account Reconciliation which may
- Proactive reconciliation
- Correcting known benefit issues
- Account maintenance
- Addressing and correcting eligibility issues.
- Validating undistributed payments
- Setting up payment plans for members
- May work in fluctuating temperatures. May have to work in a
high traffic area with constant interruptions. May work in a
restricted space with artificial lighting, confined by computer and
related equipment with limited movement. May be required to stand
or sit for extended periods of time and may rotate between work
stations throughout the medical office. Required to remain in
assigned area and adhere to scheduled breaks and lunch. Medical
office environment includes working in proximity to sick members
with possible direct contact with potentially sick members. Some
occupational lifting up to 30 lbs and squatting required.
- Other related duties as assigned. Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum two (2) years of work experience involving public
contact, clerical, reception.
- Minimum two (2) years of work experience involving cash
handling or cash balance or reconciliation to include one (1) year
of work experience using multiple business software applications
- High school graduation or General Education Development (GED)
Diploma required. License, Certification, Registration
- N/A Additional Requirements:
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service orientation,
problem solving and verbal communication ability. Must enjoy
constant public contact.
- Data Entry 4500 KPH with 5% error rate or less.
- Typing with 35 wpm with 5% error rate or less.
- Math assessment - must obtain a proficient score between 2.51
- Comprehension/critical thinking must obtain a proficient score
2.51 or above.
- Basic Computer Literacy must have a score 70% or higher.
- Service assessment must obtain score in the 31st percentile or
above. Preferred Qualifications:
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Pueblo , Patient Registration Associate, Other , Pueblo, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!