Company: Securitas USA
Posted on: January 11, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: Inspects grounds, buildings and other
infrastructure to detect fire hazards in order to protect life and
property on client site. Acts to enforce client safety standards
and local regulations. May perform other inspection and safety
duties. May perform other security services as required for the
Distinguishing Characteristics: Duties include essential function
of safety inspection as designated by client contract. May be
assigned a service grade or rank in a chain of command in
conformance with contract requirements or to facilitate the
delivery of service, according to business necessity.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job.
Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The
employee might not be required to perform all functions listed.
Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified,
according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the
essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to
the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance.
Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may
include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required
to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company
policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety
rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors
upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an
honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in
conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the
event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and
procedures, employees are required to request clarification or
explanations from superiors or authorized company
1. Inspects interiors and exteriors of buildings, grounds, and
infrastructure to detect hazardous conditions or violations of fire
2. Tests and cleans equipment, such as air compressors, fire
extinguishers and other fire protection devices to ensure
conformance to fire and safety standards.
3. Discusses violations and unsafe conditions with site
representative; makes recommendations, and provides instruction in
fire safety practices.
4. As authorized, issues permits and acts to enforce site fire
5. Prepares reports, such as inspections performed, standard
violations, and recommendations for eliminating fire hazards.
6. May be called upon to perform fire-fighting duties during
7. May train others in fire emergency response plans.
8. May investigate and gather facts to determine cause of fires and
9. May perform other inspection and safety duties as required for
10. May perform additional security services functions as permitted
under any required Security Officer license and as specified for
the assigned site(s), in addition to Fire Inspector duties.
11. Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and
scope as required for assigned site(s).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference,
depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing
to complete the GED program within six months.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment
screening process, including drug screen and background
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D.; related
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state,
county and municipal licensing requirements for Fire
- May be required to meet and continue to meet any applicable
state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security
Officers if performing functions within the scope of such
- Knowledge of or ability to learn fire inspection operations and
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact
effectively at various social levels and across diverse
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and
mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In
addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives,
clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of
urgency and in pressure situations.
- May be exposed to stressful situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and
reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral
selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing
- May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Keyboarding, basic computer usage and operating controls.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling,
crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds and occasional
lifting and/or moving up to 75 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical
- Frequent standing and walking, which may be required for long
periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up
inclines and on uneven terrain.
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or
be required to work in environments or under conditions that
require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of
personal safety and safety of others, including potential exposure
to hazardous conditions including open flame and smoke if called
upon to assist with emergency fire-fighting.
Please apply using Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.
Keywords: Securitas USA, Pueblo , Fire Fighter, Other , Pueblo, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!