Communications Technician, Installation & Service
Posted on: July 18, 2021
together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to
create the worlds best entertainment and online experiences. As a
Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and
fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a
wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of
change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable
people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for
millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for
teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to
lead the future in media and technology, we want you to
fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for demonstrating a sufficient aptitude for acquiring
the skills and knowledge involved in the competent performance of
the tasks relating to broadband installation and troubleshooting
activities. Provides written and field assessments,
meeting/exceeding Comcast Employee Standards and supervisor
approval will be used to determine advancement to the next level.
Functions in an entry-level, trainee position with an increasing
degree of proficiency and decreasing degree of supervision with
regard to those skills and tasks for which training and instruction
are received during tenure in this position. This position is
typically the start of the employee's telecommunications career.
Continued employment is contingent upon achieving required
training, certifications and safety requirements.
- Performs reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects and
changes of service, while adhering to: Comcast procedures and safe
work practices, NEC and NESC requirements and local ordinances in
order to provide (or remove) services to the customer. Pre-wires
single dwelling units and multiple dwelling units (MDUs) in order
to provide ready hook-up capabilities at the time of moving
- Completes associated paperwork with each work order in a timely
manner in order to ensure all details of the work are recorded for
entry in the customer's account once the work is checked in.
- Performs service calls. Reviews all requested services with the
customer in order to ensure understanding and agreement.
Troubleshoots the drop from the tap to the customer's equipment.
Installs and removes converters in order to provide customer with
upgrades or downgrades in service and determines acceptability of
service by reviewing picture quality following connection of cable
service in order to provide the best possible service for the
- Provides the customer with materials regarding channel line up,
use of converter and company policies as they relate to the
customer as well as demonstrates these skills in order to educate
the customer on the use of the equipment and company
- Cleans, maintains and stocks vehicle and equipment in order to
be prepared to perform required duties. Inspects existing ground or
makes new ground according to the National Electrical Code (NEC) in
order to protect employees, customers and equipment from electrical
shock or damage.
- Properly operates and maintains installation tools and
equipment. Reports need for vehicle repair or service when required
and/or prescribed. Reports any accidents, losses, injuries, or
property damage to Supervisor and customer when appropriate.
- Applies knowledge and skills of training on the job in order to
prepare for transition to the next level and performs other duties
as requested by Supervisor in order to achieve departmental goals
- Ability to use basic cable installation tools and hand tools
and perform jobs from high places (on poles and roofs,) including
climbing poles with proper equipment (safety belt, strap,
climbers,) ladders and bucket trucks (18 to 20 feet,) as determined
by the system's requirements. Reads general system layouts from
blueprints, basic knowledge of mathematics, cable television
products and services.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC,) the National
Electrical Safety Code (NESC,) the Occupational Safety and Health
Act (OSHA), various state and local codes including G.O. 95 and
G.O. 128, (when applicable,) and the policies and procedures for
CATV installation activities.
- Communicates with customers in a clear and straight forward
manner. Proven ability to work independently and to prioritize and
- Manipulates connectors, fasteners, wire and use hand tools,
works in areas with exposure to moderate noise levels.
- Lifts and carries loads of 70 lbs. or more, works in confined
spaces such as crawl spaces or attics, works while standing 50 -70%
of the time and performs work near power lines and
- Works within manufacturer's rated weight capacity for all
equipment, including but not limited to ladders and aerial
- Drives company vehicle in performance of duties in a safe and
responsible manner while working and traveling in inclement
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision and ability to
adjust focus and able to manipulate objects such as pens, keyboard
- Normal work shift may include weekends; may include 10 hour
days for 4 days a week and available to work overtime including
weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Exposure to moderate noise level, dogs or other animals,
construction areas, or the public in general, may be a
- Able to apply common sense, theory and experience to
decision-making; able to recognize similarities between past and
present situation; able to identify key issues or use inductive
reasoning in complex situations and to communicate courteously and
pro-actively; able to learn customers' short term and long term
needs; see issues from customers' position and recommend products
or service; able to promote customer focus in employees and develop
partnerships with customers.
- Able to persist and finish projects despite obstacles, or
redirect when necessary; able to follow instructions or take action
and address opportunities with little supervision; able to take
extra steps to prevent mistakes or create opportunities.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Able to use active listening skills or attend to non-verbal
cues to better understand others' perspectives, behaviors or
motivations; able to empathize with others' needs and respond
sensitively; able to use good judgment when responding and respond
to objections successfully.
- Completion of 45 days (maximum) of service employees must
complete the certification as required. The employee must have
successfully completed the following training programs, Safety
Program, Company-specific training on policies and procedures,
Installer Training, Customer Contact, Product Knowledge and Sales.
After the initial 45 days, an employee may be advanced to the next
level provided that there has been satisfactory development of the
necessary skills and ability to perform the above tasks as
determined by the certification assessments including passing the
written assessment, skills assessment and meet Comcast Employee
Standards and supervisor's approval.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
High School Diploma / GED
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides
to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality – to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the compensation
and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Pueblo , Communications Technician, Installation & Service, Other , Trinidad, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!