Job Title: English Language Arts Teacher
Work Year: 165 days
Department: Teaching and Learning Services
Reports To: School Principal
Salary Range: Teacher Salary Schedule
Salary Range: $38,000 - $83,553
Benefits: Fringe Benefits based on PEA Negotiated Agreement
Status: FLSA Status: Exempt
Teacher Innovation Zone
(2021-2022 School Year)
Be the change that you wish to see in the world. -Mahatma
The Pueblo Innovation Zone consists of eight unique schools that
provide some of the most challenging and rewarding work. We are
seeking educators who are driven by a strong desire to positively
transform the lives of students. Successful teachers will have the
- A passion for teaching and learning.
- The ability to develop meaningful relationships with
- Analytic and data driven problem solving skills.
- Strong classroom management.
- Interpersonal and cultural awareness.
- Belief that ALL students can achieve excellence
- A Growth Mindset is a must.
- 3-5 years successful teaching as demonstrated by references,
evaluations and student growth data
- Experience implementing effective literacy instruction
including foundational skills and comprehension strategies
- Experience using Common Core State standards to plan
- Experience with a blended learning model or a desire to
- Experience with AVID implementation or a desire to learn
- Experience in a Title I setting
- Experience with Teach Like A Champion Strategies
- Successful experience implementing strong classroom routines
and procedures demonstrated by references and evaluations
- Experience with STEM based educational philosophy and
- Establish clear classroom routines and procedures that create a
positive student-centered learning environment.
- Utilize data from a variety of sources to collaboratively plan
and adapt instruction. Submit lesson plans for feedback and
- Implement evidenced-based instructional practices that build
student knowledge and skills across a variety of content
- Actively engage in the professional development activities to
continuously improve practices.
- Maintain a professional attitude and work ethic.
- Communicate effectively and productively with a variety of
stakeholders including students, families, and colleagues.
- Collaborate as a member of a high performing team to drive
individual and school improvement.
- Utilize a standards-based grading protocol.
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned by Building
WORKING CONDITIONS: Employee will work primarily in a
school/office environment with both natural and fluorescent
lighting; fast-paced work; constant interruptions;
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants interested in and qualified for the posted
position must submit an online application. Applications that are
incomplete and/or not submitted will not be forwarded to the hiring
administrator for review. The following will need to be uploaded
with the application: current cover letter for the posted position;
current resume; copy of principal/administrative license; copy of
transcripts conferring required degree; copy of Place/Praxis test
and three current letters of reference (one of which must be from
your current supervisor). and any other materials requested on the
application to verify that individuals are eligible for a Colorado
License from the Colorado Department of Education.
Please note: If hired, a new hire packet will be emailed and
must be completed prior to processing. Fingerprints will be
required for all employees of Pueblo City Schools prior to your
Pueblo School District No. 60 does not discriminate on the basis
of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, marital status, national origin, religion,
ancestry, age, disability, need for special education services,
genetic information, pregnancy or childbirth status, or other
status protected by law in admission, access to, treatment or
employment in its educational programs or activities. Additionally,
a lack of English language skills is not a barrier to admission or
participation in activities. The following individuals have been
designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination
policies: Eric DeCesaro, EEO/Affirmative Action/Title IX/Section
504 Compliance Officer for complaints involving employees, and
Aaron Bravo, Title IX Compliance Officer for complaints involving
students. Both individuals can be located at 315 West 11th Street,
Pueblo, Colorado 81003, (719) 549-7100. Complaint procedures have
been established for students, parents, employees, and members of
the public. (Policy AC, AC-R).
Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre esta informacin, por favor llame
a la escuela de su nio.