ABCs of the Position
What your days will look
The life of a student is often a busy one where multiple
courses, assignments, activities, jobs, and life commitments
compete for time. Enrichment Life Coaches (ELCs) work to advocate
and ensure each student has the skill sets necessary for success in
life and academic growth. ELCs teach life skills, self-advocacy and
efficacy skills, problem-solving, conflict resolution, time
management, study skills, career skills, etc.
The ELCserves as the primary support who proactively advocates and
assists the student in navigating their educational pathways and
life processes. ELCsinstruct and motivate one-on-one and in
small-group settings. ELCs typically teach in a flexible
environment which may include working with students both inside and
outside regular school hours and may also include evenings and
Preferred candidates will have experience successfully navigating
life and academic challenges faced by young people today, by
providing opportunities for life success utilizing both academic
and non-academic tools.
You will be supported and mentored directly by Regional Service
Managers or/and Education Zone Managers.
What You'll Do - What Youll Get Good At
- Build a positive relationship with each student and the
students support system.
- Serves as the primary instructor for the student's
Social-Emotional and Life Skills courses.
- Serve as the liaison between the students educational,
community, and family goals.
- Create and record baseline academic and non-academic strengths
and weaknesses of each student.
- Work with the student in building and reviewing for continuous
progress as an active participant in their life plan. Life Plan is
an individualized plan that outlines both short-term and long-term
goals. A life plan typically includes items such as Career Goals,
Academic Goals, Self-Determination Goals, Soft-Skills Goals,
Personal Goals (e.g., stop smoking), Social and Emotional
- Maintain daily communications which may include online and
face-to-face meetings with each student and their support and
academic team systems.
- Maintain Electronic documents and records required in daily
- Develops students support systems and teams.
- Understands community agencies and the services they offer to
assist students and families. Assists in navigating community
resources for students and families if barriers exist.
- Understands and collaborates with local truancy courts and
community agencies as needed.
- Advocates for the student ensuring they have access to
equipment and skills required for full participation in their
academic and non-academic programs.
- Actively participates in ongoing personal growth and
professional development opportunities.
- Actively participates in the recruitment and retention of
- Other duties as assigned.
What You'll Need - What Youll
- If you have a degree, great; but if you don't, we value
experience and motivation very highly as well.
- Previous experience working with students/clients who have
diverse backgrounds. Two years of experience working with at-risk
- Experience with technology and comfortable with Google platform
preferred. If no experience, you must have a willingness to learn
and master technology tools quickly.
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight.
$27,500 starting base salary before adding adjustments for
relevant experience and education.
Competitive Insurance and Retirement Options offered.
This is not a traditional 8am - 5pm working environment. The
role of an Enrichment Life Coach requires flexible time
accommodations based on others needs.
All Enrichment Life Coaches will be required to successfully
complete a paid 160+ hour specialized training period and serve a
60-day probationary period.
Who we are. Who we want to become. Why we
We are changing the way people think about Education. Not long
ago, learning was often monotonous and inflexible. We empower
students through the delivery of innovative and engaging education
instruction and support services. GlobalEd Solutions provides
opportunities for successful learning anyplace and at any time. We
are part of the new education fabric that seeks to ensure that
every student has, regardless of neighborhood, economic reality, or
social status, the opportunity to access cutting-edge, world-class
For people who work with GlobalEd Solutions, our organization
represents new opportunities for the entrepreneurial-minded,
out-of-the-box thinker who realizes the world is the new classroom.
For families that work with GlobalEd Solutions, we bring access to
fun and exciting learning. For communities that work with GlobalEd
Solutions, we bring educational prosperity as well as economic
viability and sustainability to local education authorities. We are
part of the worldwide Public Benefit Corporation B Corp
At GlobalEd Solutions, were reimagining education. We know every
child is an individual with individual gifts, talents, and desires.
By personalizing the education process, we can grow each student
into a happy, self-sufficient and self-reliant individual. Anyone
can benefit from having personal Life Coaching, and that is at the
heart of our educational model.
APPLY NOW THROUGH THE EMPLOYMENT SECTION
OF OUR WEBSITE AT www.globaled.one
Equal Employment Opportunity EEOC
Global Ed Solutions, Inc is a Nationally Accredited Education
Management Organization and Education Service Provider. We are a
Public Benefit Corporation that believes in the interdependence of
all stakeholders to ensure students achieve their individual
maximum human potential.
Application Questions for Enrichment
Please submit your answers
to the following questions along with your application
- How you envision you will grow your students' passion and
ensure it is sustained over time?
- How do you envision you can improve student engagement?
- How will you inspire and motivate students?
- Envision you have a group of students located throughout a
given geographic area. How would you ensure all these students are
serviced effectively given that there may not bea physical location
wherestudents regularly show up?
- What inspires you?
- Who are three people who inspire you the most? Why?
- What do you do for personal self-improvement?
Powered by JazzHR