Lead Packaging Supervisor
Company: Gannett Co. Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally
focused media and marketing solutions company committed to
strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched
reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of
nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning
content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products
and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than
260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services
companies ReachLocal, WordStream, and ThriveHive and U.K. media
company Newsquest. There's never been a better time to join our
talented team. Visit Gannett.com/Careers to learn more about our
Gannett Publishing Services
Work as part of a packaging crew during a designated shift to
achieve on-time production performance including product quality
and accuracy standards and operational safety.
- Supervise and Coordinate packaging center and/or specific
- Responsible for verification of preprint insertion schedules
and zoning and product staging.
- Communicate with press, distribution and other departments as
- Provide advanced machine operation including but not limited to
inserters, inserter controls (Miracom) joggers, conveyors,
grippers, stackers, folders, strappers, bottom wrap machines,
loaders, printers, address labelers, adhesive advertising
applicators, scales, stitch and trim binding equipment, pallet
jacks and fork trucks and other post-press equipment as needed.
Assist Lead Supervisor with directing activities during production,
training inserting and other supervisor/operator employees.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting, maintenance and repairs of
all post-press equipment, inserter control setup & operation
(Miracom), equipment rebuilding and replacement (such as hopper
replacement), parts inventory control, parts ordering (with Mgmt.
approval) and all standard preventive maintenance. Complete
packaging reports and web portal data entry as assigned.
- Assist with all equipment repairs, rebuilding & replacement
(such as hopper replacement) and all standard preventive
- Perform general packaging maintenance including equipment
blowdown and packaging related materials disposal. Provide back-up
for packaging department supervisor as needed.
Always work in a safe manner and consistently utilize required
safety equipment to promote top-of-mind safety awareness:
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs:
Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective
- Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Forklift.
- Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning
properly, and in use.
- Immediately report potential safety hazards, operational
concerns and all accidents/injuries and near misses to production
- Provide timely and accurate information to management..
- Immediately report equipment or product issues to production
- Communicate scheduling needs to supervisors and/or production
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent. Associate
business management degree or comparable experience preferred.
Skills & Traits: English language fluency: Speaking, reading &
- Proven leadership skills required.
- Proven above average verbal & written communication
- Proven excellent time management skills working in a fast-paced
deadline driven environment.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- PC Skills including Microsoft Office: E-mail, Excel, Word
Packaging Department equipment experience.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are
a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will
consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color,
national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance,
sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities,
disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran
- Job Family GateHouse Media
- Pay Type Hourly
Keywords: Gannett Co. Inc., Pueblo , Lead Packaging Supervisor, Other , Pueblo, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!