Company: San Luis Valley Behavioral Health
Posted on: January 23, 2023
SLV Behavioral Health is a regional leader in Behavioral Health
Services. We are community based and work with many agencies
throughout the San Luis Valley. We are a non-profit agency with
purpose - dedicated to hope, healing and recovery. When you join
SLVBHG, you join a culture of purpose and belonging - where you are
an important part of an ever-changing industry. At SLVBHG, your
identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. Your work will
have a direct impact on the providers of our agency and the people
we serve. If you want to be part of the behavioral health industry
and have an impact on our San Luis Valley communities, this is the
place for you! We offer a generous benefits package for all
employees working 30 hours or more. Including: - Medical Coverage
through Cigna - Dental coverage through Ameritas with a buy-up
option - Vision Coverage through VSP with a buy-up option -
Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care FSA through Rocky
Mountain Reserve - Life Insurance, AD&D and short-term and
long-term Disability insurance through Mutual of Omaha. There is
also an option to buy-up to increase your coverage. - 401K with
matching funds of 5% starting at 6 months employment. Vested from
day one - Aflac accident and hospital benefits as an option - Pet
Insurance through Nationwide as an option - EAP through Mines and
Associated - Identity Theft Protection through IDX - 11 paid
holidays a year for full-time employees - 2 personal days Position
Overview: Payroll Administrator Under supervision of the
Controller, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for oversight
and performance of the payroll functions of the organization.
Essential Job Functions of Payroll Administrator
- Serve as primary contact with payroll software vendor for
- Compiles and tracks payroll data such as employee time worked,
on-call time, garnishments, payroll deductions, 401(k) deductions,
annual leave time, sick leave time, sick bank and other activities
that affect employee paychecks.
- Process both bi-weekly non-exempt and monthly exempt
- Prepares spreadsheet of changes for upcoming payroll.
Distributes to HR and Business Office for review prior to running
- Coordinates any employee missing punches or documentation with
various department supervisors.
- Enter data into the payroll system and audit for accuracy prior
to running payroll.
- Compute and post wages and deductions and prepare paychecks
through payroll software.
- Prepare payroll import for Business Office accounting
- Maintain payroll files for legal compliance.
- Process manual checks for employees, including terminations, as
- Track annual and sick leave as per company policy.
- Establish and maintain payroll tax accounts with any state in
which employees of the organization are located.
- In concert with HR and Business Office, prepares and plans
activities relating to the maintenance of payroll and employee
benefit programs. Develops, implements and controls documentation
requirements and communicates appropriately to supervisors and
- Maintains payroll calendars and communicates all payroll issues
to staff and supervisors in timely and appropriate manner.
- Assist new hires in learning the payroll system and
understanding how to maneuver the system, making sure new hires
feel comfortable working with the system to do what they need to
perform their jobs efficiently.
- Reconciles all benefit invoices and maintains proper
documentation of changes and corrections. Communicates all
appropriate changes to HR, the vendor, and employee. Distributes
information to accounts payable for payment of the invoices.
- Works with the Controller on quarterly and year-end reports to
reconcile payroll totals to the general ledger.
- Develops, prepares and generates all needed ad-hoc reports
pertaining to employee information and data including, but not
limited to, 401(k) retirement plan discrimination testing, workers'
comp audits, and other employee tracking reports.
- Work with HR around legalities for payroll.
- Coordinate the annual distribution of W-2's and 1095-C's.
- Support annual financial statement and retirement plan
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned. PM1
Education/Skill Requirements - Payroll Administrator
- BS in Accounting field or equivalent.
- Problem Solving
- Oral and written communication
- Quality control
- Safety and security PM 1 PI201411315
Keywords: San Luis Valley Behavioral Health, Pueblo , Payroll Administrator, Human Resources , Alamosa, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!