Company: Abba Eye Care-Alamosa
Posted on: May 11, 2022
We are looking for a friendly Optician to join our growing team!
Opticians are at the heart of our business. Their technical and
customer service skills ensure patient satisfaction and repeat
business. Although experience in the optical industry is a plus, it
is not necessary. We will provide on-the-job training for the
candidate willing to learn.
If you are a fast learner with excellent interpersonal skills, come
join us! You will love our fun work environment and people-first
Duties & Responsibilities
* Delivers extraordinary experience to each and every patient.
Provides patients with a complete understanding of our customized
recommendations for products and services.
* Develops own clientele from providing outstanding service and
* Keeps current on company/industry products and procedures,
manufacturer rebates, and types of lenses and frames available.
* Takes and returns patient calls, updating patients on the status
of their order and resolving order issues should they arise.
Escalates any issues with the Store Manager, as necessary.
* Retrieves patient charts and electronic health records.
* Assists patients in selecting frames, lens type, and lens
treatments including tints and coatings; depending on specific
patient needs and facial measurements.
* Educates patients on proper eyeglass and contact lens care.
* Collect eye and face measurements to ensure proper fit.
* Interprets prescriptions written by optometrist and
* Creates work orders for lab technicians, specifying information
on lenses needed.
* Follows-up on all pending orders. Verifies all orders are within
the time guidelines given and informs patients of status if delays
occur. Notifies patient when orders arrive from
* Dispenses glasses by inspecting the product, checking for proper
fit, adjusting if necessary, and asking for feedback.
* Adjusts eyewear to ensure visual acuity, proper fit, and patient
comfort. Using various tools, performs eyewear adjustments and
* Proficient in using tools such as pupilometers, PD Sticks,
lensometers, pliers, wrenches, frame warmers, etc.
* Inspects the final product ensuring there are no flaws; Cleans
and polishes lenses using cloths and solvents.
* Cleans and organizes frame boards, displays, mirrors, work bench,
office area, bathroom, and breakroom, maintaining overall
cleanliness and visual appeal of the store.
* Restocks retail boards with new merchandize.
* Understands product issues and analyzes any problems. Thoroughly
and accurately answers patients' questions regarding insurance,
warranty, products, materials, services, pricing, upgrades,
* Collaborates with technicians, front desk associates, Managers,
* Sells miscellaneous products such as cleaners, contact lens
supply, sunglasses, safety glasses, etc.
Keywords: Abba Eye Care-Alamosa, Pueblo , Colorado- Optician, Hospitality & Tourism , Alamosa, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!