Assistant Shift Supervisor
Location: Olney Springs
Posted on: January 6, 2022
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people! CoreCivic is currently seeking an Assistant Shift
Supervisor who has a passion for providing the highest quality care
in an institutional setting.Who We Are:CoreCivic is the leading,
national provider of high-quality corrections and detention
management services, providing effective programs that enhance
public safety and prepare individuals for success after release.
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 facilities
nationwide, CoreCivic employees are driven by a deep sense of
service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to
better the public good.What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.What You Get To
Do:Change the lives of those in your care!The Assistant Shift
Supervisor supports the supervision of the administrative and
operational security activities in a correctional/detention
facility. This role will directly supervise officers assigned to
the shift and may serve as acting Shift Supervisor in their
absence. In addition they will direct officers in performing their
duties related to the supervision of inmates/residents and the
protection and preservation of their legal rights. The Assistant
Shift Supervisor conducts regular inspections of all
security-related and control-related functions. Must be able to
work any post assignment on any shift.
- Directly supervise assigned security staff on the shift and
evaluate the performance of subordinate staff.
- Demonstrate and provide guidance to staff on adherence safety
and security practices and post orders.
- Interpret, enforce and comply with rules, regulations,
policies, procedures, and contract requirements.
- Attend meetings to enhance effective communications between
management, staff and inmates/residents.
- Assist in streamlining communications and maintaining
consistency of operation between shifts.This position has a pay
rate of $23.502021 CoreCivic Benefits Overview (Safety non-SCA
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is
- Three years of experience in a criminal justice field is
- One year of corrections experience, including the care and
custody of inmates/offenders is required.
- One year of experience in a supervisory capacity is preferred.
Additional education in criminal justice or a related field may be
substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis up
to two years.
- No substitution for the required corrections experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Office or other similar software
applications is preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of
age.CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE - including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Pueblo , Assistant Shift Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Olney Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!