Home Care CNA
Posted on: July 11, 2019
The Home Care Certified Nurse Aide is responsible for providing
routine care and assisting participants or clients with activities
of daily living, restorative and supportive care.
Essential Functions and Work Responsibilities
Functional Category: Client/Participant Care
Estimated Percent of time Spent - 100%
-- Follows plan of care and assists participants with activities of
daily living such as bathing, dressing, grooming, hair care, mouth
care, eating, hand and toileting as assigned or needed. Documents
care provided in accordance with established policies, guidelines
and applicable regulations
-- Carries out, reports and documents care given in an effective,
timely manner as observed by the RN and through periodic record
-- Participates in the care planning of participants through
cooperation with the multidisciplinary teams.
-- Monitors participants' health status by taking vital signs and
-- Monitors appetite in addition to looking for changes in
functional ability and checking skin condition while assisting with
-- Monitors/assists participants in a courteous manner with meals
and provides assistance with feeding as necessary.
-- Assists participants with restorative and supportive care such
as ambulating, positioning, transferring, skin care, catheters,
fills oxygen and provides other aides as assigned or needed.
-- Monitors participants' health status such as vital signs,
weights, skin condition, appetite and changes in functional ability
and reports pertinent information to clinical supervisor in a
- Reports any variance, accident or unusual occurrence to the
- Attends in-service and continuing education programs as
scheduled and necessary.
-- Perform nursing assistant services to clients in their place of
- Attends position related in-services. Attends all mandatory
in-service programs as scheduled; minimally 12 hours/year
- Participates in QM activities as requested.
- Completes appropriate visit records in a timely manner as per
- Performs simple procedures as an extension of the therapy or
nursing services as assigned.
- Performs household services essential to health care in the
home as assigned.
- Does not accept assignments for a patient with special needs
for which he/she has not received appropriate training.
-- Additional work functions and duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
-- High School Diploma or GED
Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation
-- Current and valid state issued Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
license is required
-- Current CPR certification or the ability to obtain CPR
-- Require personal transportation, current state issued driver's
license, good driving record and auto insurance as required by
Work Experience and Qualifications
-- A minimum of one year experience working the frail or elderly is
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required
- Must be computer proficient and possess experience with
Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to quickly learn specific software and new
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Able to analyze data and statistics and draw reasonable
conclusions and compile accurate reports.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret regulations and other
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and
tactfully present information to, and communicate with, co-workers,
employees, and others.
- Possess exceptional English written and verbal communication
skills, including accurate grammar and business correspondence
- Ability to read and write memos, reports, and correspondence
that conform to prescribed style and format.
-- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative and positive working
- Organized, detail-oriented, diplomatic, proactive,
self-motivated, dependable, and driven by excellence.
- Even-tempered and able to balance multiple tasks in accordance
with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of
diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
InnovAge Service Standards Requirements
-- Safety- Maintains a safe work place. Reports all unsafe work
conditions to supervisor and/or Safety & Loss Control Manager and
works in conjunction with supervisor, Safety & Loss Control
Manager, and staff to correct unsafe work conditions. Follows and
enforces all safety policies.
- Commitment - Commits to his/her job and to the success of the
company. Continuously puts forth the effort to achieve goals and
continuous quality improvement. Degree to which employee goes the
extra step to ensure job/task completion. Takes initiative to offer
ideas to improve processes or results.
- Cooperativeness - Consistently supports management decisions as
demonstrated by his/her actions. Demonstrates a "can do" attitude
by responding positively to instructions. Follows instructions and
works harmoniously with others to complete the job or task.
- Attendance - Meets or exceeds punctuality and attendance
expectations/requirements. Faithfully reports to work and conforms
to scheduled work hours. When necessitated, follows call-in
procedures and informs others of absences.
- Customer Service - Embraces the organization's commitment to
internal and external customer service and demonstrates a
customer-centric approach when interacting with co-workers,
participants, clients, and all other business contacts.
- Confidentiality - Maintains confidentiality of employee,
participant, and client data/information, and any other sensitive
organization information as appropriate.
- Adherence to Company Policy - Follows and enforces guidelines
as established by policies. Conforms to company and job standards
and requirements. Shows respect for others. Acts in the best
interests of the company at all times. Serves as an example for
others. Conducts business in an ethical fashion.
- Reliability - Completes responsibilities with minimal direct
supervision. Follows through with assigned jobs and tasks all the
way through completion. Puts forth the effort to achieve goals and
objectives under varying circumstances.
- Alignment with Company Goals & Objectives - Supports the
organization's mission, vision, and values and holding
self-accountable for applying these principles daily and personally
living them when working with co-workers, participants, clients,
and all other business contacts.
- Quantity of Work / Productivity - Produces at a high volume.
Always puts forth the effort to maximize productivity. Meets or
exceeds established work deadlines. Engages in a productive work
effort whenever possible. Meets goals and objectives.
- Quality of Work - Produces work that is accurate and reliable.
Accomplishes work quickly and efficiently. Works in a thorough and
organized manner while minimizing down time. Results are
consistently within acceptable quality standards.
- Job Knowledge - Demonstrates a thorough understanding of
his/her job processes and procedures. Integrates knowledge to
efficiently accomplish job requirements. Efficiently uses resources
(including staff and management) to obtain additional
- Communication - Exhibits good interpersonal skills. Develops
and fosters professional relationships with co-workers,
participants, clients, and vendors. Keeps others informed as
directed by operational demands and need-to-know. Keeps self
informed of announcement made via established company venues
Keywords: InnovAge, Pueblo , Home Care CNA, Healthcare , Pueblo, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!