Mental Health Therapist - Outpatient
Company: San Luis Valley Behavioral Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
We are seeking a Mental Health Therapist to join our dynamic team.
SLV Behavioral Health is a regional leader in Behavioral Health
Services. We are community based and work with many agencies
throughout the San Luis Valley. We are a non-profit agency with
purpose - dedicated to hope, healing and recovery. When you join
SLVBHG, you join a culture of purpose and belonging - where you are
an important part of an ever-changing industry. At SLVBHG, your
identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. Your work will
have a direct impact on the providers of our agency and the people
we serve. If you want to be part of the behavioral health industry
and have an impact on our San Luis Valley communities, this is the
place for you! We offer a generous benefits package for all
employees working 30 hours or more. Including: - Medical Coverage
through Cigna - Dental coverage through Ameritas - Vision Coverage
through VSP - Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care FSA
through Rocky Mountain Reserve - Life Insurance, AD&D and
short-term and long-term Disability insurance through Mutual of
Omaha. There is also an option to buy-up to increase your coverage.
- 401K with matching funds of 5% starting at 6 months employment.
Vested from day one - Aflac accident and hospital benefits as an
option - Pet Insurance through Nationwide as an option - EAP
through Mines and Associated - Identity Theft Protection through
IDX - 11 paid holidays a year for full-time employees - 2 personal
days Position Overview - Mental Health Therapist - Outpatient
Provides individual, family, couple or group therapy as indicated.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide direct client services to MH clients including
individual, family, couples or group therapy. Also includes provide
27.10 emergency response as indicated.
- Effectively communicate with other MH personnel regarding
client needs. Interface with other community agencies and resources
to optimize service to MH clients.
- Utilizes Center technology for timely record keeping and
- Meets performance standards as specified by supervisor and
- Assist in providing or arranging for case management services
- Identify community resources and facilitate client
- Is responsible for record-keeping and reports as may be
required by Center administration, and to subscribe to the code of
ethics of this discipline.
- Is responsible for carrying out the mission and goals of the
- Provides leadership in understanding and implementing the
Center's objectives, goals, mission and values. PM1
Education/Skill Requirements - Mental Health Therapist - Outpatient
Master's Degree in social work, psychology, or counseling.
Experience in Human services helpful. May work toward licensure or
other credentialing. Other Skills/Abilities - Mental Health
Therapist - Outpatient
- Knowledge of and ability to provide mental health
- Knowledge of and ability to apply crisis intervention
- knowledge of and ability to provide 27.10 assessment
- Ability to assess and establish diagnostic impressions
- Ability to create measurable, time limited treatment plans
- Ability to observe, report and keep record of client symptoms
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally
and in writing.
- Ability to use supervision to enhance own performance.
- Creative problem-solving.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work closely and cooperatively with external agency
- Ability to work to achieve the mission and goals of this
- Ability to perform light physical work.
- Willingness to travel.
- Basic Computer Skills in Microsoft Suite software.
- Material and Equipment Directly Used (including, but not
limited to): Computer, agency vehicles, voicemail. Valid Driver's
License. PM1 PI200909779
Keywords: San Luis Valley Behavioral Health, Pueblo , Mental Health Therapist - Outpatient, Healthcare , Alamosa, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!