Outpatient Behavioral Therapist
Company: SAN LUIS VALLEY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Posted on: May 8, 2022
OUTPATIENT THERAPISTWhat is the Goal: As an outpatient therapist,
you will provide direct services to Behavioral Health clients
including individual, family, couples and/or group therapy. You
will need to be able to effectively communicate with other
Behavioral Health personnel regarding client needs. This all begins
with an interest, a passion, and a willingness to learn about the
client, so that you can effectively help them find stability in
their lives.What we are about: We are Dedicated to Hope, Healing
and Recovery. This means that everyone who walks through our doors
has a universal right to respect and the fullness of attention from
everyone they meet. Only then can we make sure that every avenue of
care is directed and used to help the people of our community begin
to grow in hope, begin to heal, and be placed on the road to
recovery.What do you get to learn? In this position you will get to
expand your knowledge of behavioral health care such as; addiction
counseling, mental health counseling, as well as a plethora of
progressive modalities in clinical client care.Who Will You Work
With?You will have a diverse team of Behavioral Health Staff
including: fellow clinicians, case managers, peer specialist, and
support partners. All of whom are like-minded and share in a
passion and desire to help others.Who we are looking for? The
successful candidate is motived - driven to provide client centered
care. We are looking for someone who truly has a passion for
behavioral health and has strong advocacy skills. We want someone
who can meet the clients where they are. Does this sound like you?
Do you have passion for helping the under-served? Then, you might
be the right fit for our great organization.What We Offer? As a
non-profit organization, we are mission focused, and our employees
are an amazing group of people who are highly engaged in their
work. SLVBHG strives to be a culturally sensitive organization that
provides a full benefits package which includes an Employment
Assistant Program (EAP), extremely low deductibles and virtual
medical care at no cost, just to name a few.PAY RATE: $27.16/hourly
(Licensed Candidates may be eligible for a higher pay rate)
Essential Job Functions:
- You will provide direct client services to behavioral health
clients including; individual, family, couples and/or group
therapy. This also includes providing 27.10 emergency response as
- You will need to be able to effectively communicate with other
behavioral health personnel regarding client needs.
- You will need to be able to utilize our Electronic Health
Record (EHR) system for timely and accurate record keeping and
- You will Identify community resources and facilitate client
- You will also be required to meet performance standards as
specified by your direct supervisor.
- You will provide leadership in understanding and implementing
SLVBHG's objectives, goals, mission and values.Secondary Job
- You will serve as a liaison and resource to the San Luis Valley
community agencies and area educators concerning persons with
behavioral health illnesses.
- You may be required to offer behavioral health consultations on
a planned, formal or informal basis to allied disciplines in the
- Master's Degree in social work, psychology, or counseling.
- No experience is required, though experience in Human Services
- No Licensure is required, and you may work toward licensure or
other credentialing.Other Skills/Abilities:
- Creative problem-solving.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply crisis intervention
- Knowledge of and ability to provide 27.10 assessment
- Ability to assess and establish diagnostic impressions
- Ability to create measurable, time limited treatment plans
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally
and in writing.
- Ability to use supervision to enhance own performance.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work closely and cooperatively with external agency
- Ability to perform light physical work.
- Willingness to travel.
- Basic Computer Skills in Microsoft Suite software.MATERIAL AND
EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED: (Including, but not limited to) Laptop,
Docking Station, Cellphone, Agency Vehicles.PAYRATE: $27.16/Hr.
Keywords: SAN LUIS VALLEY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, Pueblo , Outpatient Behavioral Therapist, Healthcare , Alamosa, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!