EHS Manager - Plant
Company: Ingersoll Rand
Posted on: November 10, 2019
EHS MANAGER / PUEBLO PLANT
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around
the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,
sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family
of brands-including Club Car-- , Ingersoll Rand-- , Thermo King-- ,
Trane-- , American Standard-- Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO--
- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes
and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and
increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global
business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring
results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an
equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse
workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United
States qualified protected veterans.
This position will provide leadership to Trane employees, manage
EHS activities and programs and incident prevention activities at
his/her location(s), and ensure compliance with IR, local, state,
and national requirements. The position will also be responsible
for developing and implementing safety programs, policies,
training, and procedures. The position will promote a strong safety
culture and maintenance of a healthy work environment.
- Manages site in activities to achieve EHS goals and
- Drives and promotes zero incident culture and employee
engagement throughout the business.
- Uses established EHS data processes to manage and report data
such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk
assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
Analyze safety data to lead and coordinate the safety effort for
- Ensure audits are completed on a regular basis of the office
areas, warehouse, and production areas to detect existing or
potential risks and hazards. Ensure the recommended corrective or
preventative measures are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure contractors and subcontractors have implemented an
effective safety process by conducting pre-qualifications and by
visiting/auditing work in progress on a regular basis.
- Implement applicable EHS policies and procedures to be followed
in compliance with IR, local, state, and federal rules and
- Participate on corporate teams as needed to assist in the
development of safety policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain facility specific management plans for
hazardous waste and non-hazardous materials. Audit treatment,
storage, disposal and recycling facilities that handle, process and
dispose all operational wastes.
- Organize and manage teams to identify and implement safety
improvements, waste reductions and resource conservation.
- Drive incident and near miss reporting. Perform root cause
analysis on incidents and injuries to determine specific actions
needed to prevent their reoccurrence.
- Evaluate non-standard tasks to uncover risks and identify
- Coach/mentor employees on safe work practices, hazard
identification and risk management.
- Prepare technical EHS regulatory reporting.
- Oversee workers' compensation program administration, including
working with all parties to aggressively manage and support
transitional duty and return to work programs.
- Develop and implement programs for pollution
- Complete risk assessments and recommend control measures for
all potential areas of concern.
- Manage EHS staff including Environmental, Health & Safety
Technician and Occupational Health Nurse.
- Manage the safety data sheet and new chemical request
- Oversee the facility emergency response team to ensure
appropriate training in emergency response, spill response,
disaster preparedness and crisis management. Ensure drills and
equipment are in a ready state and effective communication of
responsibilities to personnel.
- Serve as the primary EHS contact for facility EHS
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Sciences/Engineering,
Occupational Safety, or equivalent OR two-year technical degree and
field or operations HVAC/mechanical experience. One or more
safety-related professional certifications desired (i.e. CIH or
- 3-7 years of experience with an emphasis in health and safety
management or experience in a technical environment requiring
adherence to strong health and safety practices.
- Strong ability to lead, motivate, engage and influence
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills in MS Office, particularly Outlook, Excel,
- Ability to take innovative approaches to improve processes and
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, and
ability to work in a team environment.
- Lean Manufacturing experience is preferred.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal
and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns
with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you
live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and
diverse culture that engages as well as values the different
backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs
innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about
bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you
belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, Pueblo , EHS Manager - Plant, Executive , Pueblo, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!