Lab Informatics Manager- (PCAPP)
Company: Battelle Memorial Institute
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Battelle delivers when others cant. We conduct research and
development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture
products and deliver critical services for our clientswhether they
are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government
agency.We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.We are currently seeking a Lab
Informatics Manager- (PCAPP) . This position is in Pueblo, CO .Job
SummaryPrepares and implements short and long term LIMS
requirements and resources for the PCAPP Laboratory. Subordinates
are responsible for identification and implementation of LIMS
requirements, specifications, system design and implementation of
computer-based information systems. Manages LIMS staff and
performance as required to meet PCAPP contract requirements and
Battelle developmental efforts.Responsibilities
- Develops and implements the laboratory information technology
team in requirements identification, system design, system and
arhetectural develop, system testing and implementation the
Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Analyzes and identifeds business opportunities in support of
making LIMS adapaable to various markets, which showcase the
adaptablility of the product and support team.
- Develops a complex system design and analysis model that sets
and maintains the strategic execution strategy for the laboratory
information technology group in support of the PCAPP.
- Manages staff availability for the PCAPP LIMS team including
skill mix relative to the laboratory function needs and future
- Manages the technical quality of the LIMS department to ensure
that business ethics and staff performance to attain high quality
research and development work. This includes development of quality
assurance and control practices throughout the department.
- Assesses client needs to ensure effective organizational
performanc and resolves conflicts between staff.
- Prepares and presents activity and performance reports to
communicate LIMS activities.The above statements are intended to
describe the nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of
staff members.Key Qualifications
- Requires a Bachelor's degree with emphasis on Information
Technology, Computer and Information Systems or equivalent. Minimum
of eight (8) years related experience with at least five (5) yeards
of experience directing a project team(s).
- Strong skills in relational database management and support,
preferably to include MS SQL, Oracle and/or SQL-PL programming, C+,
- Design experience in VS dot NET and LINQ programming
environments, Windows 2000 operating environment, Microsoft Access
and Microsoft Office applications is desired.Additional selection
and retention criteria will include the ability to:
- Successfully pass medical screen, including the ability to wear
a respirator and other PPE, lift up to 50 lbs--may involve work in
close proximity of toxic chemicals.
- Must be a US Citizen. The applicant selected may be subject to
a national agency check security investigation and must meet
eligibility requirements to be placed in a Public Trust
- Flexibility to respond to urgent project requests and/or
changing priorities. This position may be required to work a
flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays and on-call.
- Interact effectively with government and contractor personnel
thru written correspondence or verbal communication.SalarySalary:
$96,400.00 $137,300.00 a yearThis information reflects the
anticipated base salary range for this position based on current
national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location.
Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant
factors.Benefits: Live an Extraordinary LifeWe care about your
well-being, not just on the job. Battelle offers comprehensive and
competitive benefits to help you live your best life.
- Balance life through a compressed work schedule : Most of our
team follows a flexible, compressed work schedule that allows for
every other Friday offgiving you a dedicated day to accomplish
things in your personal life without using vacation time.
- Take time to recharge : You get paid time off to support
work-life balance and keep motivated.
- Prioritize wellness : Stay healthy with medical, dental, and
vision coverage with wellness incentives and benefits plus a
variety of optional supplemental benefits.
- Better together : Coverage for partners, gender-affirming care
and health support, and family formation support.
- Build your financial future : Build financial stability with an
industry-leading 401(k) retirement savings plan. For most
employees, we put in 5 percent whether you contribute or not, and
match your contributions on top of that.
- Advance your education : Tuition assistance is available to
pursue higher education.
- Flexible work arrangements : You have options for where you
work and when you work.A Work Environment Where You SucceedFor
brilliant minds in science, technology, engineering and business
operations, Battelle is the place to do the greatest good by
solving humanitys most pressing challenges and creating a safer,
healthier and more secure world.You will have the opportunity to
thrive in a culture that inspires you to:
- Apply your talent to challenging and meaningful projects
- Receive select funding to pursue ideas in scientific and
- Collaborate with world-class experts in an inclusive
- Nurture and develop the next generation of scientific
- Give back to and improve our communitiesVaccinations & Safety
ProtocolsBattelle may require employees, based on job duties, work
location, and/or its clients requirements to follow certain safety
protocols and to be vaccinated against a variety of viruses,
bacteria, and diseases as a condition of employment and continued
employment and to provide documentation that they are fully
vaccinated. If applicable, Battelle will provide reasonable
accommodations based on a qualified disability or medical condition
through the Americans with Disabilities Act or the Rehabilitation
Act or for a sincerely held religious belief under Title VII of the
Civil Rights Act of 1964 (and related state laws).Battelle is an
equal opportunity employer. We provide employment and opportunities
for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to
individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information,
disability, veteran-status veteran or military status, or any other
characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local
law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to
grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and
organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for
equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified
employees at all levels within Battelle.The above statements are
intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed
by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills
required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply
any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written
permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.For more
information about our other openings, please visit
Keywords: Battelle Memorial Institute, Pueblo , Lab Informatics Manager- (PCAPP), Executive , Pueblo, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!