BA Case Manager- Supportive Housing and Financial Support
Company: SAN LUIS VALLEY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Posted on: September 17, 2022
SLV Behavioral Health is a regional leader in Behavioral Health
Services. We are community based and work with many agencies
throughout the San Luis Valley. We are a non-profit with purpose -
dedicated to hope, healing and recovery. We have a variety of
employees from hybrid, fully remote and on-site. When you join
SLVBHG, you join a culture of purpose and belonging - where you are
an important part of ever-changing industry. At SLVBHG, your
identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. Your work will
have a direct impact on the providers of our agency and the people
we serve. If you want to be part of the behavioral health industry
and have an impact on helping providers increase services, this is
the place for you! Case Manager, BA - Supportive Housing and
Financial Support Position Overview Provides case management
services to representative payee clients and supportive housing
residents, including but not limited to transportation, referral,
financial, vocational and psychosocial education, and linkage with
community supports. Essential Job Functions
- Provide direct client services and case management to
representative payee clients and supportive housing residents.
- Interface with other community agencies and resources to
optimize services to representative payee clients and supportive
- Identify community resources and facilitate client
- Serve as a liaison and resource between SLVBHG and Social
Security Administration to manage representative payee clients'
Social Security benefits.
- Verify direct deposit of representative payee Social Security
- Ensure that all representative payee clients' bills and rents
are paid each month or arranges payment plans with creditors when
- Monthly spending plans are prepared, reviewed and distributed
to representative payee clients.
- Balance each representative payee clients' bank statement on a
- Prepare annual reports required by Social Security
- Work cooperatively with the Business Office for financial
oversight and auditing of representative payee clients'
- Work directly with representative payee clients and supportive
housing residents and their family, friends, and partners to
provide psychosocial support.
- Effectively communicate with other SLVBHG personnel regarding
- Responsible for documenting case management services utilizing
SLVBHG's Electronic Health Record system.
- Utilize SLVBHG technology for timely record keeping and
- Meet performance standards as specified by supervisor and
- Perform assigned duties within SLVBHG defined policies and
procedures. Secondary Job Functions - Case Manager, BA
- Attend regularly scheduled case management staff meetings.
- Attend supportive housing internal and external meetings.
Education/Skill Requirements - Case Manager, BA
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (business, psychology, or
- Experience: Experience in human services field required;
bookkeeping and/or general knowledge of personal finances
- Licensure/Certification: Valid Driver's License Other
- Knowledge of and ability to provide case management
- Knowledge of and ability to apply crisis intervention
- Knowledge and ability to manage representative payee accounts
- Ability to observe, report and keep record of client symptoms
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally
and in writing.
- Ability to use supervision to enhance own performance.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work closely and cooperatively with external agency
- Creative problem-solving.
- Ability to perform light physical work.
- Basic computer skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Materials and Equipment Used
- Desktop or laptop computer
- Phone Work Environment for Case Manager, BA General office
environment; light physical work as needed; occasional travel
outside the office. PM1 PI191050519
Keywords: SAN LUIS VALLEY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, Pueblo , BA Case Manager- Supportive Housing and Financial Support, Executive , Alamosa, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!