Product Design Engineer
Company: Ingersoll Rand
Posted on: November 8, 2018
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands-includingClub Car--, Ingersoll Rand--,Thermo King--, Trane--, American Standard-- Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO-- - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This Product Design Engineer must have the technical expertise to develop and lead product design projects, manage & coordinate a cross-functional teams, drive to root cause for quality and reliability issues, interpret technical agency standards and conduct projects in accordance with standard engineering practices.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Manage product designs forHVAC refrigeration and airflow sub-systems to meet performance standards, regulatory requirements, quality goals and cost targets.
- Effectively meet the needs of internal and external customers, through documenting, reviewing and prioritizing customer requirements.
- Support the development of Design Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (DFMEAs).
- Provide guidance and leadership to designers,manufacturing associatesand other team members.
- Develop and/or update Trane purchased part Engineering Specifications.
- Define, identify and coordinate appropriate qualification testing activities.
- Prepare complete schedules and reports for assigned projects.
- Achieve scheduled milestones for assigned projects.
- Participate in VAVE events to identify opportunities to improve product performance and / or reduce cost. Lead projects to implement subsequent product design changes.
Work within team of other Sustaining Product Design engineers in support of all Screw & Scroll Chiller platforms, produced in Pueblo factory.
Become Subject Matter Expert on specific chiller products.
Support aftermarket service & parts requests and inquiries for our Product Support teams.
Ability to travel both domestically and abroad. Able to attain necessary visa for travel when applicable. Expected travel time - 10%.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technologyis required.
Essential Skills or Knowledge:
- Understanding of HVAC system functions including refrigeration, heat transfer, airflow and ventilation.
- Good understanding of computer simulation tools and theory to HVAC system design.
- Ability to learn new skills & tools in support of Continuous Improvement.
- Experience with application of various components used within HVAC systems such as coils, compressors, motors and fans.
- Quality and customer service orientation.
- Understanding of Lean/Six Sigma tools.
- Understanding of statistics as applied to product reliability.
- Good verbal communications skills and technical writing/documentation skills.
- Must be a self-starter with high-energy and commitment to career development.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently understand, condense and organize information necessary to make engineering decisions.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- Ability to make progress by producing deliverables and completing projects in a multi-tasking environment (several concurrent assignments).
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
Work well within team environment.
Strive for excellence and work within the high ethical standards of the company.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, Pueblo , Product Design Engineer, Engineering , Pueblo, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!