Environmental Engineer (PCAPP)
Posted on: September 9, 2018
Leidos has an opening for an Environmental Permitting and Compliance specialist to support the Assembled Chemical Weapons Alternatives (ACWA) program. The successful candidate will support the PCAPP Field Office (FO) Project Manager by providing technical input to the government FO in the areas of laboratory operations and environmental activities.
The primary responsibilities of the Environmental Permitting and Compliance specialist include performing environmental analysis, typically in assessing, analyzing, researching and ensuring environmental policy compliance with pertinent Federal, state and local environmental regulations, which may include CERCLA, CAA, and RCRA. May involve preparation of information in support of environmental policy development or administration, including litigation support. May include permitting procedures for projects. Must have knowledge of Federal, state and local environmental regulations.
The following activities are included as typical work efforts but can vary based on the project?s needs.
1. Provide technical input on environmental submittals to determine impact on the PCD, PCAPP environmental permits, plans, SOPs, training documents, design changes, Permit Modification Requests (PMR), and ECP?s
2. Provide technical information on environmental implementation and compliance documentation and record keeping activities.
3. Provide technical expertise or provide advice, opinions, recommendations, or ideas to the Government on the physical inspection of all PCAPP buildings, systems, equipment, tanks, and any location managing PCAPP waste to ensure compliance with the environmental permits and regulations RCRA (Resource Conservation and Recovery Act), Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA)) and other applicable federal, state, and local environmental requirements.
4. Review Systemization, Operational Readiness, Provisional Operations and Operations inspection activities and processes, including records collection to provide technical input to the Government so that the Government can determine acceptability and compliance with all permits.
5. Review permit documents, design criteria, design specifications and other pertinent documents used to verify facility compliance with RCRA and CAA permit requirements.
6. Provide technical information and input of project processes for conducting Environmental compliance inspections and provide technical input to the Government on the adequacy of inspection documentation.
7. Review environmental inspection reports, corrective actions, lessons learned and continuous improvement processes and provide technical input to the Government regarding the accuracy and effectiveness of inspections and corrective actions. The technical input should facilitate the Government?s ability to evaluate the SC?s commitment to process improvement effectively.
8. Review and provide technical input to the Government of SC and FCC engineering processes and systems intended to maintain permit compliance.
The successful candidate may be required to perform confined space entries and inspections on elevated platforms. If required, personnel will attend site-specific training for confined space entries and fall protection.
Bachelor?s (4 year) degree in Chemical or Environmental engineering
5+ years? experience in environmental management at a chemical demilitarization or equivalent scale chemical processing facility
RCRA permitting and negotiation with state regulatory agencies
Ability to be approved fora government security clearance
In addition to the above requirements, completion of REM (Registered Environmental Manager) certification, experience in review and assessment of ISO 14001 systems to assure environmental compliance, experience in environmental auditing and control process effectiveness in assuring compliance with permits, laws and regulations.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world?s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company?s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit . The company?s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Leidos, Pueblo , Environmental Engineer (PCAPP), Engineering , Pueblo, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!