Industrial HVAC Technician
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Job DescriptionENSCO is seeking an experienced industrial
heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) technician at the
Transportation Technology Center to service and maintain building
systems throughout the facility. Responsibilities shall include the
following:Installs new HVAC units in commercial and industrial
buildings.Installs ductwork and thermostats to control HVAC
system.Performs routine maintenance on HVAC systems to ensure they
operate properly.Inspects and troubleshoots problems with existing
HVAC units.Inspect and troubleshoot problems with walk-in freezers
and industrial appliances.Installs replacement parts on existing
HVAC units.Maintains inventory of replacement parts and orders
replacements.Complies with company and industry safety
standards.Create and update work tickets in a computerized
maintenance management system.Performs other related duties as
assigned.Qualifications Required (Skills)
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship and valid technician's
- Six + years' (6) experience in trouble shooting and repairing
HVAC systems (boiler, chillers, air handlers, control systems,
etc.) and industrial appliances.
- Thorough knowledge of HVAC maintenance and repairs
- Experience maintaining, repairing, troubleshooting, and
installing large scale refrigeration equipment in compliance to
manufactures recommendations, local codes, health department, The
Joint Commission, ACA, and ASHRAE standards. Understands principles
and experience with refrigeration recovery, evacuation, and
charging, understands the installation and sizing of refrigerant
piping in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of HVAC systems and equipment.
- Understanding of current field regulations
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to see color to discern color-coded wiring.
- Ability to safely climb a 15-foot-high ladder.
- Ability to work for prolonged periods standing, kneeling,
bending, and climbing ladders or scaffolding.
- Ability to work in settings with extreme cold or extreme heat,
depending on time of year.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and accurately enter and
update work tickets in a computerized maintenance management
- Strong organizational, follow through and time management
- Valid driver's license to allow driving throughout the
- Ability to drive company vehicles around site and into city for
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in client and
- Ability to build professional and courteous relationships with
your colleagues and supervisors.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse
- Ability to react well under pressure in high-stressed
situations; accept responsibility for own actions.Wearing safety
equipment (hardhat, steel-toe boots, protective vest, and
protective eyeglasses) when working on railroad properties is also
a requirement. ENSCO will provide all necessary safety
- Level 2 Intermediate Plumbing Diploma
- Operators in Responsible Charge (ORC)
certification#LI-DM1Division DescriptionENSCO's Applied Technology
and Engineering (ATE) Division is a leading provider of surface
transportation research and technology development services with a
long history of supporting railway, transit, and highway safety
initiatives. Our products and services are provided to government
agencies focused on transportation safety and security. ENSCO work
protects our surface transportation network and has a significant
impact on the protection of human life, the environment, and the
economy. ENSCO's ATE Division is part of the greater Surface
Transportation Group (STG) within ENSCO, Inc.Our staff conducts
impactful research and advances technology in many exciting areas
- The behavior of railroad and transit track, rolling stock,
vehicle components as well as control systems under a wide range of
- Advancement of leading-edge technologies including autonomous,
non-contact and machine vision-based approaches for asset condition
- The application of artificial intelligence and predictive
analytics to today's most challenging asset maintenance
issues.ENSCO's ATE Division is an exciting place to work and grow
with many key benefits for technical staff, including:
- The opportunity to work with talented engineers, programmers,
and scientists at all levels of the design and development process
to solve challenging transportation issues.
- The chance to participate in testing and research initiatives
utilizing unique test facilities and technologies.
- Bonuses for conference presentations and publications
- Direct exposure to customer personnel, financial management and
business development.Working in ENSCO's ATE Division provides a
means to acquire a wide range of practical skills and experience in
a short period of time, work on exciting, ground-breaking projects
that impact transportation safety and offers domestic travel
opportunities if desired.ENSCO provides a stimulating,
collaborative, multi-discipline environment with coworkers from
diverse technical and cultural backgrounds working together to make
the world a safer place. Come join a stable and growing company and
experience the reward of seeing the results of your work make an
impact on some of the world's most challenging transportation
problems.Strength in DiversityENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S.
subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers,
committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other
protected characteristic under state or local law.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Pueblo , Industrial HVAC Technician, Engineering , Pueblo, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!