Snow Removal Technician
Company: San Luis Valley Behavioral Health
Location: Monte Vista
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Position Overview: Responsible for the de-icing and clearing of
snow from walks, driveways and parking lots for specific SLVBHG
properties. Must be done in an efficient and timely manner,
promoting worksite safety. Must be able to work independently under
the direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor. Position
primarily in South Fork, Del Norte, Monte Vista, Ft. Garland,
Antonito and La Jara offices. May also be an Independent Contractor
with own equipment and proper insurances in place. Essential Job
- Represent the agency's best interest and maintain the highest
level of integrity and professionalism.
- Maintain a clean and safe job site while ensuring current
landscape and property is not damaged in the efforts of removing
- Work closely with Maintenance Supervisor in the de-icing and
removal of snow from walks, driveways and parking lots for specific
SLVBHG properties assigned.
- Proficiently and safely use snow removal equipment such as
shovels, plows, snow blowers, ATV's vehicles with plow blades and
other power and manually operated tools and equipment used to
perform snow removal.
- Safely and appropriately distribute de-icing solutions.
- Wear appropriate cold weather gear to protect against adverse
- Perform highly physical work outdoors on a consistent basis in
all weather conditions, specifically very cold, icy, snowy
- Keep accurate timesheet records.
- Understand and meet deadlines.
- Work as part of a team and take direction.
- Hours of work will include nights, weekends and
- 6 months minimum previous snow removal experience
- Must have a valid driver's license with clean DMVR and current
auto insurance coverage. This is required whether you use your own
vehicle/equipment or the Agency's
- Highly motivated, self-driven, flexible and detailed
- Must be professional in appearance and actions
- Great time management skills; available for seasonal long
hours, a clear schedule to work whenever snow falls, any day of the
week and a strong work ethic.
- This is a weather dependent position with no guaranteed
- Punctual and dependable with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals of differing
backgrounds, knowledge and skill levels. Other Skills/Abilities:
Work Environment: Physical demands require constantly moving,
walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. Frequently
operates machinery and will use hands/fingers and legs to operate,
activate, use, prepare, inspect, place detect and position
materials. Frequently required to stand and walk, lift and/or move
up to 50 to over 100 lbs. with assistance. Specific vision
abilities required include close vision, depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus. Constantly required to communicate with
ability to talk and hear. Job will require constantly working
outdoors in all types of weather conditions and exposure to
elements. This can include heavy to moderate noise, extreme
proximity to moving equipment or machinery, proximity to electrical
energy, exposure to tolls and machines used in construction
industries. NOTE: This job description is not intended to be
all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as
negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.PM1
Keywords: San Luis Valley Behavioral Health, Pueblo , Snow Removal Technician, Engineering , Monte Vista, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!