Senior Project Engineer
Company: MiTek Industries
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Job Description MiTek-- is a global provider of building
solutions for the residential and commercial construction
industries. Utilizing software, services, engineered products, and
automated manufacturing equipment, MiTek partners with clients to
accelerate their genius and deliver breakthroughs in building. With
a rich 60-year history and a network of 6,500 team members
worldwide, MiTek pairs local expertise with global capabilities. As
a Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A, NYSE: BRK-B) company since 2001,
MiTek has a record of continuous growth and innovation. Learn more
at www.mii.com . SummaryPerform engineering duties required as lead
Senior Mechanical Engineer on projects from schematic design (SD)
layout through complete construction documents (CD) for the
manufacturing of Modular Central Plants (MCP) equipment. Assist the
conceptual design / Estimating Team in evaluating conceptual
designs for prospective, future projects.Job Responsibilities &
Requirements ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Attendance at work during regularly scheduled shifts and both
scheduled and unscheduled overtime hours, as required.--
- Use independent judgement and apply sound engineering
principles to perform a wide variety of tasks in the design and
manufacturing of Modular Central Plant (MCP) equipment.--
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading, interpreting, and creating
drawings, schematics, specifications, and submittal packages.
- Coordinate and review the work of mechanical engineers and
mechanical designers in development of 2D/3D drawings for project
submittals, piping fabrication drawings, and installation
- Demonstrate high degree of knowledge of chilled water,
condenser water, heating hot water, steam, natural gas and plumbing
- Incorporate understanding of standard construction practices
and methodologies in the design of Modular Central Plant (MCP)
equipment and coordination with external design teams.
- Interface internally with Sales, Estimating, Detailing, Project
Management, and Manufacturing departments to ensure successful
completion of the project.
- Interface externally with Owners, Engineers of Record (EOR),
General Contractors, Mechanical Contractors, Controls Contractors,
and sales representatives, as the project requires.
- Analyze the feasibility, design, operation and performance of
equipment, components and systems.
- Investigate equipment failures to diagnose faulty operation or
design of existing system and create action plan for service
- Specify system components or direct selection of products to
ensure conformance with engineering design concept, performance,
and job specifications.
- POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
- Analytical Skills - Excellent ability to independently use
thinking and reasoning to solve a problem using fundamental
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute
details of a project or task.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical
topics and specialized information.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others
verbally and in writing.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account
for his/her actions.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer (internal and
external) needs, responds to requests for service and assistance,
and consistently meets commitments.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions
that affect employee safety. SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Education: -- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience: Minimumof 7 years' applicable industry
- Computer Skills: --Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Revit
/ AutoCAD, Navisworks. Experience with 3D pipe modeling preferred.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace. We are an
equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. For accommodation to assist with
completing this application, please contact Human Resources at +1
314-434-1200.www.mii.com TOGETHER WE'RE TURNING JOBS INTO
HIGHER--CALLINGS At MiTek, we've built a best-in-class competitive
Total Rewards package that supports the employee on many levels
including protection, formal education, financial wellness tools, a
recognition platform and all above and beyond our generous
healthcare, disability and retirement plans. If you're looking for
more than just a job, join MiTek a place where people come to
learn, grow and forge deep lasting relationship with each other and
the communities in which we thrive.
Keywords: MiTek Industries, Pueblo , Senior Project Engineer, Engineering , Holly, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!