Company: San Felipe Pueblo
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The incumbent will oversee or delegate project-planning,
implementation, aspects of human resources, and evaluation for all
Trib Department: Education Pay Grade: $60,000 to $70,000 DOE FLSA:
Exempt Job Description: This is a community-based position that
serves residents of the Pueblo of San Felipe. The incumbent
will oversee or delegate project-planning, implementation,
aspects of human resources, and evaluation for all tribal
and grant funded Education department and library
initiatives. Directs academic services and support including
IEP plans; financial aid, and other education programs.
Designs, implements, and evaluates academic services that
support educational attainment, and career transitions.
Documents student outcomes and designs appropriate
interventions to support student achievements. Conducts
research regarding best practices to serve San Felipe
students' unique educational needs. Serves as tribal liaison
to relevant educational institutions and agency partners.
- Oversees, delegates, or arranges for all project and strategic
planning for the Education Department.
- Oversees, delegates, or arranges project implementation, budget
and human resources, and evaluation for all Education department
and library initiatives, including grant and tribally funded
initiatives Indian Education Center, tutoring, and Homework
- Coordinate with the assistant director the supervision and
evaluation of library/education department manager, academic
support services coordinator, and contract support.
- Coordinates the technology needs; purchase hardware and
software; ensures staff in fully trained on systems, policies and
- Oversees the San Felipe Pueblo Community Library facility;
ensure space is used efficiently and effectively, and that space is
- Administer budget for the Education Department. This includes
resource planning, review and approval of checks requests,
preparing reports, and ensuring that funds are expended following
all appropriate Tribal, Federal or State policies and
- Represent program to the community to provide information about
- Attends all required State Government-to-Government Meetings
between Tribe(s), Trial Education Departments, and the New Mexico
Public Education Department (NMPED)
- Attends monthly meetings with Indian Education Departments for
Local Education Agencies (LEAs)
- Participate in weekly, monthly, semi-annual, and annual
meetings with State/Federal/Foundation/Agencies, etc.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the annual budget,
inclusive of operational plans and objectives, and recommends
staffing and expenditures; monitors program expenditures;
institutes budget revisions as appropriate; and reviews purchase
orders, request for payment, and in-kind contributions.
Design, implement, and evaluate educational initiatives,
partnerships, and programs.
- Research best practices in educational policies and
- Direct Academic and financial aid services for all eligible San
Felipe Pueblo members.
- Prepare or delegate the preparation of reports to the Tribal
Council, Tribal Administrator as well as to granting
- Initiate funding proposals, serve as project director and
oversee grant human and financial resources for funded
- Serve as tribal liaison to educational institutions and agency
partners as relevant and assigned.
- Serve as the facilitator of Keres Language Cultural Committee
meetings. Assist language coordinator with delegated action items
coming from the committee. Qualifications:
- MA/MS degree in education related field, PhD preferred.
- 7-10 years relevant administrative, analytical, and leadership
experience or combination of equivalent education and
- Leadership experience with program, personnel, and student
- Experience with student advising preferred.
- Fund development and administration experience (federal and
state levels) is highly desirable.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must pass a drug screen, thorough background and Driver's
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Knowledge,
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Traditional form of Government and Pueblo customs
- Knowledge of the functions and structure of San Felipe
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, County, and Local laws,
regulations, and requirements.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of
elementary school curriculum development, management and
- Knowledge of BIE funding requirements and compliance.
- Knowledge of administrative and project management.
- Knowledge of childhood learning methods.
- Knowledge of OMB Circular and A-33 compliance.
- Knowledge of records management procedures.
- Knowledge of the development, preparation, and control of
- Knowledge of managerial and statistical analysis techniques and
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar,
punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally
and in writing
- Ability to develop and submit BIA Budget based on GRPA
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships
with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and
with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and demonstrate
leadership and team-building skills with empathy and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate course of
- Ability to make recommendations with alternatives
- Ability to work independently and meet strict timelines
- Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent
- Ability to conduct thorough research and writing.
- Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and
continually seek improvement in results
- Ability to prepare accurate, complete, and legible reports,
create and present detailed, accurate, objective, and effective
speeches and presentations
- Ability to interpret applicable Federal, State, County, and
Local laws, regulations, requirements, ordinance, and
- Skills in operating business computers and office machines,
including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, and
presentation Software, such as (PowerPoint)
- Skills in fiscal management
- Skills in training staff and parents in child development
- Skills in analyzing problems, projecting consequences,
identifying solutions, and implementing recommendations
- Skills in preparation of project timelines and staffing
- Skills in budget preparation and administration
- Skills in preparing, reviewing, and analyzing operational and
- Skills in providing leadership, supervising, training, and
evaluating assigned staff. Working Conditions:
- Must have manual dexterity to enter and retrieve data from a
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods. Bends and stoops
- Work is usually conducted in an office setting. Additional
Info: -This position description in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties performed by this employee. He or she
required to follow any other instructions or to perform any other
duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Keywords: San Felipe Pueblo, Pueblo , Education Director, Education / Teaching , Pueblo, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!