Location: Olney Springs
Posted on: November 22, 2021
--At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people! CoreCivic is currently seeking an Accounting Clerk who has
a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional, secure setting.-- Who We Are:CoreCivic is the
leading, national provider of high-quality, security corrections
and detention management services, providing effective programs
that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success
after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more
than 70 secured facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees
are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of
professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.--
--What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful
- A supportive--environment where--employee--growth is
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives. What You Get To
Do:Change the lives of those in your care! --The Accounting Clerk
performs calculations, verifies and posts financial data, and
maintains accounting records of financial transactions.-- Prepares
reports, correspondence, and assists in conducting inventory.
- Utilizes and maintains working knowledge of applicable
accounting methods and procedures that are in keeping with
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and company and
partnership policies and procedures, while performing duties and
maintaining documents and records.
- Verifies and posts business transactions, such as checks
(registers), purchase orders, accounts payable and other types of
expenditures or receipts, to the appropriate account. Assists with
or completes weekly/monthly documentation and reporting in a timely
- Assists with or prepares accounts payable packages, accounts
payable accruals, check requests, petty cash reimbursements and
bank reconciliations accurately/timely and in accordance with
policy and procedures.
- Processes various transactions for inmate/resident accounts to
include, deposits, withdrawals, charges/fees, release of funds or
transfer of funds, in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Assists with conducting inventory and preparing reports for
commissary and other operational endeavors.
- Prepares and accurately maintains a variety of standard
operating records and reports, including those required by
management, partnership agency and/or government regulations.
- Accurately inputs and edits numeric and alphanumeric data, to
include checks, statements, reports and other records.-- Produces
finished documents/reports efficiently, using applications software
programs; copies, compiles and distributes as necessary.This
position has a pay rate of $14.002021 CoreCivic Benefits Overview
(Safety non-SCA facilities)Qualifications:--
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is
- Two years of experience in Business, Accounting or a closely
related field is required. --
- Additional qualifying education in Business or Accounting may
be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel or
other spreadsheet or accounting software.--
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum Age Requirement:-- Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Pueblo , Accounting Clerk, Accounting, Auditing , Olney Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!